Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen help
murissa5
December 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I would really appreciate some suggestions on kitchen remodeling ideas. We have a large space in the kitchen and I'm looking to change alot, with a minimal budget. I'd like to change countertops. Possibly change look of cabinets. Change layout of bar area at left side of kitchen. Thanks in advance !
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mcgibs55
Hello,

I would suggest adding a glaze to your cabinets to update the look:

also, change the hardware and go for new countertops. FX 180 by Formica is a great line, and gives you the look of stone without the price, and it comes in a variety of patterns: http://www.formica.com/home/laminate/180-fx/

You would probably want to also change your ceiling boob light to a drum chandelier or something a bit more contemporary:

HOpe that helps!
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 8:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Your cabinets appear to be site built. I would purchase new doors and then have it all repainted to match - to stay with a white (but maybe warmer white) would be my choice with your flooring. You can then use a hidden hinge on the doors to loose the "busy" look of all the hinges. You can reconfigure your bar area at the same time and use the new matching doors. I think I would go with a lighter countertop and then a simple backsplash.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
Need advice on painting cape cod walls/ceiling of master bedroom
Hello! We recently purchased a home and I'm trying...
Pendants for over kitchen island
Would you consider this pendant to be a transitional...
Need a colour scheme to go with these existing floor tiles
http://www.ctm.co.za/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/350x262/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/a/napoli-verona.jpg...
Will these colors work with this Golden Oak?
OK, we are underway on our den update project. This...
choosing a great sofa manufacturer with a good price point
Am searching for a good furniture manufacturer with...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.