Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen help
murissa5
December 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I would really appreciate some suggestions on kitchen remodeling ideas. We have a large space in the kitchen and I'm looking to change alot, with a minimal budget. I'd like to change countertops. Possibly change look of cabinets. Change layout of bar area at left side of kitchen. Thanks in advance !
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mcgibs55
Hello,

I would suggest adding a glaze to your cabinets to update the look:

also, change the hardware and go for new countertops. FX 180 by Formica is a great line, and gives you the look of stone without the price, and it comes in a variety of patterns: http://www.formica.com/home/laminate/180-fx/

You would probably want to also change your ceiling boob light to a drum chandelier or something a bit more contemporary:

HOpe that helps!
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 8:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Your cabinets appear to be site built. I would purchase new doors and then have it all repainted to match - to stay with a white (but maybe warmer white) would be my choice with your flooring. You can then use a hidden hinge on the doors to loose the "busy" look of all the hinges. You can reconfigure your bar area at the same time and use the new matching doors. I think I would go with a lighter countertop and then a simple backsplash.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
Granite seam MAKING ME ANGRY :( can it be improved?
just had granite installed today and the seam is pretty...
Entry wall niche
This house was built in 2002, maybe wall niches were...
Small living room, need ideal furniture options to maximize seating
i need new furniture (springs on couch are broken)...
17 ft by 9 ft brick fireplace in family room. How to resurface?
Eclectic family room. 17ft h by 9 ft w brick fireplace...
need help in a bathroom
I need towel hooks that go over 3" glass block and...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.