powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Want to change space where claw tub was located to shower/tub for guest bath. Rough space is 59"x 34". Sugges
wow999
December 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
6X8 bathroom. Wall between shower and toilet. Small 59"x34" space for new shower/tub. Are there small tubs available? Need design suggestions please.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 1:09PM
PRO
Monique Jacqueline Design
Have you drawn out your floor plan yet? If you could post a sketch, it would be very helpful. Please include window, if any, doorway, vanity location along with toilet space. We have to work around the pieces that aren't moving therefore, their locations are very important.
Cheers!
m.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 1:13PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
With a tub that small you would need to go deep. Something like a Chinese soaking tub. This however would be awful for a shower. So it is a guest bath just do a large shower it is what will be used more anyway. Very seldom do guests take baths.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 1:14PM
PRO
Monique Jacqueline Design
There are standard tubs available in this needed dimension. We use this one a lot. http://www.americanstandard-us.com/bathtubs/princeton-recess-bath/
This one is 60" x 30". Check it out.
There are soakers available too, but those are a bit more difficult to locate, but they ARE available.
I just used a Mansfield jetted tub that fit these dimensions, we were closer to 34" verses the 30".
Cheers!
m.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 1:20PM
wow999
Here's the floorplan, there aren't any windows, but there is a skylight. Thanks for any input.
0 Likes   January 4, 2013 at 12:29PM
kathy
The 59" is to your current drywall? I believe that 60" tubs meant to go between walls, the 60" required is measured from stud to stud, not drywall to drywall. A drywall sheet is 0.5" thick, I think, so you would gain the needed inch to install a standard 32" x 60" tub. At least that is what I understand to be true!
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 11:21AM
More Discussions
Need help in my 400 square foot family room
I'm replacing carpet with hardwood. The rest of the...
Colors and pieces for a welcoming decor
I live in a rental apartment where you walk straight...
New wall color needed
This guest bathroom was renovated 3 years ago and I...
basement needs style!
We have a large basement area that needs style help....
Vinyl windows, white or beige/tan?
I'm trying to decide between white or beige windows?...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.