powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Want to change space where claw tub was located to shower/tub for guest bath. Rough space is 59"x 34". Sugges
wow999
December 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
6X8 bathroom. Wall between shower and toilet. Small 59"x34" space for new shower/tub. Are there small tubs available? Need design suggestions please.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
December 29, 2012 at 1:09PM   
PRO
Monique Jacqueline Design
Have you drawn out your floor plan yet? If you could post a sketch, it would be very helpful. Please include window, if any, doorway, vanity location along with toilet space. We have to work around the pieces that aren't moving therefore, their locations are very important.
Cheers!
m.
December 29, 2012 at 1:13PM   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
With a tub that small you would need to go deep. Something like a Chinese soaking tub. This however would be awful for a shower. So it is a guest bath just do a large shower it is what will be used more anyway. Very seldom do guests take baths.
December 29, 2012 at 1:14PM   
PRO
Monique Jacqueline Design
There are standard tubs available in this needed dimension. We use this one a lot. http://www.americanstandard-us.com/bathtubs/princeton-recess-bath/
This one is 60" x 30". Check it out.
There are soakers available too, but those are a bit more difficult to locate, but they ARE available.
I just used a Mansfield jetted tub that fit these dimensions, we were closer to 34" verses the 30".
Cheers!
m.
December 29, 2012 at 1:20PM   
wow999
Here's the floorplan, there aren't any windows, but there is a skylight. Thanks for any input.
January 4, 2013 at 12:29PM   
kathy
The 59" is to your current drywall? I believe that 60" tubs meant to go between walls, the 60" required is measured from stud to stud, not drywall to drywall. A drywall sheet is 0.5" thick, I think, so you would gain the needed inch to install a standard 32" x 60" tub. At least that is what I understand to be true!
March 18, 2014 at 11:21AM   
More Discussions
Tile Tuesday Installation
#TileTuesday highlights an AWESOME installation out...
Yellow subway tile for backsplash
I am having a great deal of difficulty finding a yellow...
What style/color dining chair for eat in kitchen?
I have a 48" round table for the eat-in kitchen that...
Area Rug
I need some help with the color of an area rug. Would...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.