Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Germangirl49
germangirl49
December 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I will get a round table and take the stands away but what pictures can I hand and what should I do with the window and the corners by the window I can't stand this long kitchen anymore, but can't remodel right now either! Please help
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Alaina Delabruere
I could see a plant or two by the window. A nice large framed picture on the right wall or a few staggered framed picture there. It needs something. Maybe vertical blinds or solid colored curtains pulled off to the side with hooks.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 10:31AM
collettec
I would go with wood blinds and also add an area rug. I would add pictures on the two walls. I don't think you really need anything in the corners - it would just make it look crowded.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 11:08AM
PRO
Peggy Berk - Area Aesthetics Interior Design
I think you have too much going on there. I would do a new window treatment... wall to wall which will make it appear that the window is much larger and give you much cleaner lines. I would raise the treatment to right under the crown molding with the stationary panels on either side starting in the corners of the room and extending toward the center sufficiently to cover the wall and a few inches on either side of the window. Make sure to line the stationary panels - you don't want to see where the wall ends and the window begins..... I would also keep the valance (or cornice) pretty simple..
1 Like   December 29, 2012 at 11:16AM
judianna20
For now keep your table and chairs until you can remodel your kitchen. You might need something else entirely.

Remove curtains, chair pads, tablecloth, corner pieces. Paint the window wall a dark color, a deep charcoal grey. Paint the mullions the same, too. Add a dark blind or shutters. The rest of the walls paint a very light grey. That will visually help shorten the room.
Sophisticated Key West Style

Hard to see your chandy, but you should consider changing that out to a rectangular light, which you will be looking at straight on. Pottery Barn has a great one which I would love to see with your table and chairs…country French feeling. The metal on the chandy is in the same greys as your new walls. Then on the wall, a big clock.
Clarissa Glass Drop Rectangular Chandelier by Pottery Barn
Lanier Wall Clock
1 Like   December 29, 2012 at 11:28AM