powered by
Design Dilemma
Design Dilemma


germangirl49December 29, 2012
I will get a round table and take the stands away but what pictures can I hand and what should I do with the window and the corners by the window I can't stand this long kitchen anymore, but can't remodel right now either! Please help
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Alaina Delabruere
I could see a plant or two by the window. A nice large framed picture on the right wall or a few staggered framed picture there. It needs something. Maybe vertical blinds or solid colored curtains pulled off to the side with hooks.
    Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 10:31AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I would go with wood blinds and also add an area rug. I would add pictures on the two walls. I don't think you really need anything in the corners - it would just make it look crowded.
    Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 11:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Peggy Berk - Area Aesthetics Interior Design
I think you have too much going on there. I would do a new window treatment... wall to wall which will make it appear that the window is much larger and give you much cleaner lines. I would raise the treatment to right under the crown molding with the stationary panels on either side starting in the corners of the room and extending toward the center sufficiently to cover the wall and a few inches on either side of the window. Make sure to line the stationary panels - you don't want to see where the wall ends and the window begins..... I would also keep the valance (or cornice) pretty simple..
1 Like    Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 11:16AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
For now keep your table and chairs until you can remodel your kitchen. You might need something else entirely.

Remove curtains, chair pads, tablecloth, corner pieces. Paint the window wall a dark color, a deep charcoal grey. Paint the mullions the same, too. Add a dark blind or shutters. The rest of the walls paint a very light grey. That will visually help shorten the room.
Sophisticated Key West Style · More Info

Hard to see your chandy, but you should consider changing that out to a rectangular light, which you will be looking at straight on. Pottery Barn has a great one which I would love to see with your table and chairs…country French feeling. The metal on the chandy is in the same greys as your new walls. Then on the wall, a big clock.
Clarissa Glass Drop Rectangular Chandelier by Pottery Barn · More Info

1 Like    Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 11:28AM
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
Please help! I would like to keep my blinds but please...
What window treatments do you recommend! Please help...
I had help for you before and I did everything you...
I ask a question could somebody please give us advise...
There is a picture of my long narrow kitchen. Please...
More Discussions
Living Room Furniture Arrangement
We have very limited wall space in our living room...
Help me select paint colors and bedding for my bedroom
I need help in picking wall color and coordinating...
Design challenge: help us facelift the exterior of our 1970's-style mansard roof!
Need advice on updating the exterior of our 1970's...
Help with too much black furniture.
I posted a similar question to this recently, but wanted...
Grout dilemma for our kitchen mosaic tile backsplash
The first photo you see, we grouted what was supposed...
Sponsored Products
RION Furniture - Calder Metal Large Table - GTAB451MT
Great Furniture Deal
Safavieh Hand-hooked Foliage Black Wool Rug (2'9 x 4'9)
Furniture of America Tifton Storage Bed - IDF-7067Q
49" Teak Vanity Top for Double Vessel Sinks
Signature Hardware
Set of 1000 Jelly Belly Replacement Cups
$179.95 | FRONTGATE
Westinghouse Ceiling Fans Turbo Swirl 30 in. White Ceiling Fan 7814565
$84.62 | Home Depot
Kichler Olde Bronze Mini Pendant 1-Light
$85.80 | PLFixtures
Westinghouse Ceiling Fans Castle 52 in. Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan 7247700
Home Depot
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.