powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Any ideas on incorporating this column either as a cabinet or wall unit for a 40" tv?
jimmynichols
December 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
This is actually a thin lolly column .limits us in where we can put a tv in family room
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
It doesn't seem like a good idea. I think that instead you need to get a console to go along a wall and place the TV either on the console or hanging above it.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Blake Grey Wash 68" Media Console Hanover Modular Console
December 29, 2012 at 1:46pm     
jimmynichols
Unfortunately that is the only practical side of the room.
January 1, 2013 at 3:56pm   
PRO
Stanton Designs-online design services
I would just move the tv unit so it is inline with the column. Will it fit with the top?
January 1, 2013 at 4:06pm     
Christine
Is your family room in the basement? That is a very low ceiling height in the photo and the hutch seems off for that space. I would get rid of the hutch and explore other areas in the room where you can just mount the tv on the wall. If this is your basement I would focus on keeping the space clean lined. Low seating. Mid century console for tv elements maybe large floor pillows for younger family members. As for the column. Maybe you can hire a handyman to make a slightly wider wall that can serve as a hanging space or art wall and you can clad the wall in a light colored brick. Add more photos to give a fuller picture.
January 1, 2013 at 4:39pm     
jimmynichols
Thanks you.
January 1, 2013 at 4:48pm   
jimmynichols
The hutch is going. The ceiling is 7ft. The wood burner has to stay.cant turn sofa toward windows,it blocks too much flow .corner with snack tables is on side of stove.any ideas are appreciated.
January 1, 2013 at 5:10pm   
jimmynichols
Help! I'm a design challenged father. I need to design a cozy room for my stay at home college daughter. She likes white furniture and low dressers. The room is 13x9. Two windows. Tight budget.
December 14, 2013 at 9:31am   
PRO
Distinctive Mantel Designs, Inc
can you drywall that column to back wall and add one on the other side to create a built in look for TV and components.
December 14, 2013 at 9:35am   
jimmynichols
Hi. I'm design challenged dad. Need to create a cozy space for my stay home college daughter.. 13x9 room. Two windows. She likes white furniture and a low dresser. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
December 14, 2013 at 9:39am   
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Tell her that low dressers take up more floor space, of which she has little. She needs to go vertical with her furniture. I like the furniture she has, tho I think that there is too much of it. She has a fairly big closet and two big storage pieces. I suggest she get rid of one of the pieces and consolidate her clothes into the other piece. Then, as an extra holiday present, you might give her a wall mounted TV.

For white furniture, I suggest paint.
December 14, 2013 at 6:28pm     
More Discussions
Need Help with Accent Colours and Cabinet Accessories
We are finishing our rec room and it's almost done!...
Squeaky floor fixes?
Do you have any squeaky boards in your floor? Have...
Wall Microwave - Built in or Shelf Cabinet ?
I was originally going to do an OTR Microwave, but...
Need help to find right rug , coffee tables and ottoman .
Hello, dear houzz designers really need your advice...
cant decide on fireplace tile
I am almost complete with this den remodel and I know...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.