Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Pictures type and sizes
Adriana Mangus
December 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Need help with the above, please. Not sure what type of prints/design pictures to purchase next, also location, colors, etc. Here is a sample of the dinning room area where the pictures will be hung. Some friends have suggested to add nothing else to the walls but they are too bare!! Color will add warmth to the space. I appreciate any ideas, sites where I can find nice pics, you may download pics for me to see as well. Thank you so much for your time.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
the essentials inside
Hi Adriana! Happy Holidays! Your home is lovely. I agree w/you - your dining room wall could use some rearranging or some additions. I think first you should move the buffet to the middle of the wall.

It looks like you may have a few different styles competing for attention. Before buying anything new, I'd take inventory of what you have. The easiest way is probably to take a picture of each piece of art that you currently own. You can upload the pics for Houzzers to take a look.

Any chance you could stand take a picture with your back to the door facing the dining room table? It would be good see the entire room.

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
December 29, 2012 at 2:35PM   
Adriana Mangus
Hi Lyvonne, I will take a pic for you to see. Thank you for your comments.
December 30, 2012 at 11:11AM   
Adriana Mangus
I meant to say the room is not wide enough to accommodate the bufet in the middle of the wall. I think a large plant in the opposite side of the buffet will balance the space in the room. The issue is this, the house faces North, so there isn't a lot of sun for a plant to live in that corner of the room. I have seen some silk plants, and other accessories but 'Im not convinced that's the answer. The room is 18 1/2 ft long--from the window to the end of the buffet --can't go beyond that because there is the hallway to the right off the buffett---by 11ft -from the buffet to the wall where the switches are located -- picture #3. Thank you for your input.
December 30, 2012 at 11:21AM   
PRO
the essentials inside
I see - there isn't room or the buffett behind the table. The view from the door into the room will really help me get a feel for what can be done w/the room. I'm sure it will help other Houzzers as well, who I'm sure will arrive on this thread soon.

Talk to you soon Adriana. Hope you had a wonderful Sunday.

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
December 30, 2012 at 3:57PM   
More Discussions
Kitchen wall color
I have a small galley kitchen, with gray/blue slate...
Need Suggestions, Please!
I am looking to purchase an area rug for this family...
Needs Sprucing Up
I would like to spruce up this area with maybe some...
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
Pergola Design Dilemma..
So we had a pergola design that we loved (first photo)...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.