Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Curb appeal help
lilhoffy99
December 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Not a huge budget, but would like some ideas.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MAlps
Consider some cobblestone in the drive way and path leading up to your home. A nice fence aroung your home maydo the trick or some lanscaping in the left corneron bottom
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 3:59PM
Lisa
Nice landscaping does wonders for curb appeal.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 4:14PM
fabia
Not a huge budget, so lets keep this simple. Dig dig dig. Create some interesting planting beds along the front of the house and along the driveway. Use green plants and annuals. Divide the sizes up so not all plants are small. A couple of larger plants are better than a lot of small. ANchor the house on each corner with a tall tree. An evergreen with a good shape, maybe 7 feet or more. Then a nice ornamental tree closer to driveway. Use a dark mulch( it is less expensive). I would get rid of as much of that shaggy lawn as you can. Use curved lines to offset the geometrics in your house. Add some ground cover like ivy. it will spread. Don't do a lot of little shaped bushes. Expesive and adds nothing to the house landscape.
2 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 4:16PM
drnd
Define the space a little more. A low wall dividing the lawn, with grass on the house side and bushes on the outside, for starters. A nice tree or two depending on where you live. Maples, dogwoods, even evergreens would add interest. Some flowering bushes under the windows or even seasonal flowers. None costs much but adds a lot of warm and welcoming. Maybe a nice light fixture at the front door would draw attention away from the tv dish. Look for a cute mailbox maybe with a lampost over it so people can find you.
1 Like   December 29, 2012 at 4:19PM
designideas4me
Go to your local nursery and find out the best plants for your climate and area. Its based on the soil and the sun and your watering system etc. A helpful smart person there can show you options of what will grow well and maybe you can find someone like I did who can give you specific suggestions on what to put where and how tall it grows and what care it needs. Oh and when to plant..many plants go into shock when first planted. ask ask ask they all give free advice on plants.
0 Likes   December 29, 2012 at 10:00PM
ocram16
This might spark something

besides that you should add some trees, in the long run they will be great.
1 Like   December 29, 2012 at 10:07PM
Dani Pollard
Agree with others. Spend your money on a single big tree and plant in the left front corner to balance the house. If budget permits, then plant other plants around the tree so that it is an 'island' and then put some more of the same over near the front entrance.
1 Like   December 30, 2012 at 1:07AM