powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Switched it around on angles..better or worse?
prissy13
December 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Ok, so I went bold and daring and tried angling all the furniture against the squares of the room. This way all the furniture is angled toward the fireplace and tv wall instead of along the walls. What do you think? If yes, then what to do about the long blank wall? And the two lights are just things I borrowed from another room for visual effect. Still plan to get end tables and matching lamps. Here a a few vies of the room from my front entryway, my hallway just next to the fireplace, my dining area and my kitchen.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
houssaon
I like it. Do you have enough room to get from the door behind the sofas to the eating area? Maybe you can move the whole arrangment away from the windows another foot or so. The one thing I don't like is the floor lamp. Maybe if it were closer to the chair. Or you could get a sofa table and get rid of the end table and the two lamps.

The wall looks OK, but once you are set on the arrangment you could put some artwork on it. Move the book case close to the seating and put the painting over it.
December 29, 2012 at 10:39pm   
prissy13
thanks. there actually is a pretty god size walkway behind the sofas to the kitchen, so no problems there. And after posting this i actually put a tables behind the long sofa and a lamp to see how it looked, and I like it. Do you think the wall needs more than one picture though, since it is so long and very tall? We have cathedral ceilings.
December 29, 2012 at 10:59pm   
houssaon
I don't think you have to, since it isn't a focal wall. But if you could anchor the painting to a piece of furniture or get a really large one, it would work. Otherwise, I think if you have a sofa table with lamps and some objects and a painting or print over the bookcase (once it is moved closer), you'll have enough visual interest that you won't need anything more.

Good luck!
December 29, 2012 at 11:26pm   
Dani Pollard
I like it! Only thing I would change is to add a narrow hall table behind the middle sofa and put some lamps or flowers on it.
December 30, 2012 at 1:47am   
cohoek
What a difference losing the rug! Have you tryed switching the chair with the smaller couch? It looks very cramped now, and theres more room in the direction of the front door. The angle is great though!
This is probably what the architect meant when designing the fireplace...Fun to watch the room revolve!
December 30, 2012 at 2:34am     
prissy13
Will try to swap the lovseat and chair...thanks.
December 30, 2012 at 3:18pm   
Manon Floreat
Prissy13, you're amazing and such a trooper! I really like it.
December 30, 2012 at 3:42pm   
More Discussions
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Trying to track down paint color!
Hi! My daughter would like to paint her room the color...
Need help- do I need anything else on this wall?
I am not convinced this can stand alone- but am unsure...
Would you take down the front porch?
I don't think the front porch is original and would...
What does luxury mean to you?
The beauty of Houzz is that you can get inspiration...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.