Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Everyone says DIY, I went through Houzz and did. Thank you
Thiagan De Croos
December 30, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We have a little home on the outskirts of Colombo Sri Lanka. My wife Charmaine and I decided to refurbish without any professional help. I depended a lot on your absolutely great website, Houzz. All advice and comments most welcome
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Noz As A Service
Beautiful home! Would love to know, did you use the editorial Ideabooks on Houzz for tips & tricks, or did you rely on the photo questions and Houzz Discussions for your project?
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 11:28AM
PRO
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Wonderful.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 11:32AM
PRO
Stoneshop
This is excellent! Good for you :)
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 1:23PM
Thiagan De Croos
Hi please forgive me the delay in getting back to you. Thank you very much for your very kind and encouraging comments. Annie regarding your questions, not exactly, but I came across your great website some time back and was very very impressed that here is someone who is doing some really great work, helping so many people round the world to enhance their own knowledge, as well as create a great interactive community. I therefore initiated my ideabook as suggested and began getting a feel for what a nice home should look like. In answer to your questions therefore, no I did not precisely use or rely on anything in particular, but acted on what I had noticed visually. If that is fuzzy logic, then I was somewhat fuzzy:-) Thank you once more and keep up the great work. Will be glad to help, if you wish to initiate a Sri Lanka chapter ( I know somewhat in the wilderness) but why not?
0 Likes   January 4, 2013 at 6:35PM
Thiagan De Croos
Please comment!
2 Likes   January 4, 2013 at 9:04PM
calikym
The artwork on the dining room wall seems lost on that wall. I also feel the layout is ok but the room lacks color and/or patterns.
0 Likes   January 4, 2013 at 9:06PM
Thiagan De Croos
Thank you, agreed. What do you suggest, I prefer being somewhat minimalist, as too much seems to convey the impression that ours is not a home but an exhibition. Even on the above blank white wall, something is missing:-( But what?

On looking at the picture on that wall, with far more aware eyes after your comment. At this rate, I may have to stop my work and spend time getting into this great profession. Thanks again. Wish you all the very best in your work too.
0 Likes   January 4, 2013 at 9:14PM
smldesigns
Perhaps a grouping of something you love - all the same frames - photos, botanicals, etc.
0 Likes   January 4, 2013 at 9:17PM
Thiagan De Croos
Thank you, the frames were exorbitantly expensive. I really think I was ripped off. But I learnt something. Of course we must arrive at some balance. I just got a young guy who works here to add in some hemp, on a set of lights on our little balcony, which looks great, I must see if I can use this great item, appropriately designed of course as a filler on the blank white wall spaces
0 Likes   January 4, 2013 at 9:42PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
This really is a great resource that gives access to professionals for smaller pieces of advise.
0 Likes   January 5, 2013 at 9:20AM