Professionals
Users
Kitchen & family room
purple713
December 30, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Opinions?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
charleee
Very nice! Your space looks huge. How about adding a few green plants to soften all the hard lines?
December 30, 2012 at 2:05pm     
josiedolly
Gorgeous! I am a plant person, so I would get a tall ficus tree for the corner behind your couch. There appears to be enough light. Your molding above the windows is beautiful so you could do roman shades. And then introduce an accent color, navy, red or darker reddish brown (more brown than red would look good). And a table runner down the center of the dining table. Good luck and have fun with it! :)
December 30, 2012 at 2:08pm     
Jayme H.
Artwork needed/Color accents needed as in: colorful objects on countertops. Your neutral scheme means accents in almost any colors will work. Do u like bright colors?
December 30, 2012 at 2:11pm     
quincyboy1
Gorgeous large space. However, you need to position the sectional so that it is right in front of the fireplace (move a little to the right). Plus, you should pull the sectional back so that just the front feet are on the rug, or move off the rug completely. I would put that table that's underneath the window instead behind the sofa back (the side that's facing the fireplace. Big, dramatic, tall piece of artwork for over the fireplace. Love your chandelier over the table, but would put something dramatic like a piece of glass artwork on the table instead of a fruit bowl. Window moldings are beautiful, so don't cover those up with whatever window treatments you choose. Add some greenery with plants, and pick an accent color for pillows, artwork, etc. Great space.
December 30, 2012 at 2:19pm     
Jayme H.
Is the t.v.going over the fireplace? Thought I saw on outlet.
December 30, 2012 at 2:54pm   
amcox_us
This is similar to what I plan to do with my place. I will have a wood table in the kitchen. I'd like to break, having so much wood. Definitely, add more color and greenery to balance out everything.

I love it!
December 30, 2012 at 6:28pm   
purple713
Thanks for ideas. We moved in last week and still need to hang pictures and buy more furniture etc (for entire house).
December 31, 2012 at 10:39am     
lisalovesquilts
I like the wall colour, warm and inviting. Your dining table is great, it looks very sturdy. The counter top is fabulous- so big. Maybe while you're pondering other more permanent fixtures you should try various flower filled vases and see how different colours work in your room. (I like any excuse to buy flowers.) Lovely place you have there.
December 31, 2012 at 10:53am   
amcox_us
Do you have pictures of your cabinetry and backsplash?
January 12, 2013 at 2:11am   
PRO
KDG DESIGN
Your windows should be dressed - large patterned black & white drapes to the floor will set off your paint color & soften the space. Add a cool ceramic large platter to display fruit on the counter. A few plants also good.
January 12, 2013 at 4:13am   
More Discussions
Bathroom Remodel
Is there a rule of thumb for coordinting granite countertops...
1970 facelift
We are trying to creatively redesign the front of our...
Master bedroom lacks balance!
Hello! I have a long size bed and night tables that...
Coffe table
I am finally getting close to being done with my family...
I want to order a custom couch.
But a designer store front won't just order the couch...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.