powered by
Need help with my kitchen
December 30, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am thinking of partially knocking out the wall to the stove to open the kitchen up to the living room, moving the refrigerator to the other side(taking out some cupboards), replacing the stove and moving it to where the refrigerator is. Any other suggestions or ideas to make my kitchen look better?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Noz Nozawa
Hi, I think that moving your stove to where the fridge is located would definitely help open your kitchen up (the refrigerator is pretty deep) -- but how extensive a project are you considering?
December 30, 2012 at 9:15PM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
At this time I don't really know. I'd like ideas. Do you think opening the wall would be a good idea?
December 31, 2012 at 10:34AM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Can you draw up a floor plan of your kitchen/breakfast room and living room and post it? It would help generate ideas.

Perhaps you could eliminate the kitchen dining area by putting in a less tall window that would allow you to extend the cabinets down to where your table is now. Then, open up the entire wall where your fridge is to the living room and put in a large cooking island with a dining bar on the living room side.

If your first idea is to just make the entry into the kitchen bigger from the living room, I don't think that would be worth losing the cabinets.
December 31, 2012 at 10:46AM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jayme H.
More pics would help. If an eating bar was put in and u wanted to, you could expand the kitchen into your current table area. I would look at either professionally painting the cabinets/replacing hardware/and/or refacing cabinetry and replacing countertops. Are you sure you can remove that wall? Is there a second story on your house. I have had a little experience with opening up walls, have done so, including two load bearing walls.
December 31, 2012 at 11:14AM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I agree with more photos such as views looking at the other side of the kitchen and from the living room.

A floor plan would also help to determine whether it's possible to have a combined island / eating table that opens to the living room.

December 31, 2012 at 12:25PM     
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Here are some additional photo's of the living room.
December 31, 2012 at 2:50PM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
The refrigerator handle is right about where NY is.
December 31, 2012 at 2:52PM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Looking at the pictures, I'd keep the walls as is and work within your existing kitchen layout...otherwise you're essentially walking in right into your kitchen from your front door. No big area to put an island/eating bar since that is the main entry path into the home.
December 31, 2012 at 2:57PM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jayme H.
I believe the wall to be possibly removed is on the living room wall, so as not to be right where the entrance is?
December 31, 2012 at 3:12PM   
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
Need help for my kitchen (my dad's kitchen)
So want to get a kitchen renovation.. What colour do...
What doesn't need help?! My bathrooms, my kitchen, my laundry room.
My house is from 1979 and it totally looks it. We've...
Need help with my backsplash in my kitchen.
I have flat paneled Benjamin Moore "Chantilly Lace"...
i need help deciding how to trim my windows in my den/kitchen
the window is 72" x 72" , i already installed interior...
More Discussions
Kitchen ideals
What could I do to update this kitchen?
Fresh Paint
I want to paint the brick fireplace to try and update...
Need Help with Layout for my Living Room/Dining
I am not sure how to layout the space to make it flow....
Kitchen hardware
Here is our kitchen from our new build. Light grey...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.