Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bedding help!
Sarah Rush
December 30, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I love these pictures, & they really capture the feel of what I am hoping to create in our bedroom. I love layered bedding with ,iced colors, patterns, and I was hoping to find a bright colored duvet to pair with a solid quilt... But I can't seem to find anything, or pick a color scheme. I love the white pintuck duvet from west elm, but I can't find anything to pair it with. We are about to purchase a white upholstered headboard, so that we can upgrade to a king bed without replacing our entire wood furniture set. Anyone have any color scheme ideas???
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Noz Nozawa
Especially if you're going with a white headboard, I think white beds are so fresh and elegant. I'd go with the white pintuck duvet vs. a colored duvet, and then get your color from a bright coverlet/quilt and throw pillows.

Or if you don't do bright colors, adding a camel colored wool throw to your bed would help it blend with the rest of the room.
December 30, 2012 at 10:08PM     
lindacooper2
We are staying in an elegant hotel suite with these same pictures. They are framed in black and hung on a dark brown wall. Stunning. I suggest changing the wall color. This might give you another color to work with when choosing bedding.
December 31, 2012 at 5:30AM   
Sarah Rush
Annie, I LOVE this look, and it's what I'm going for. I like bright colors. What color would you suggest for the coverlet/quilt? I was really hoping for multicolored with red, but I can't find one, and just solid red seems too boring. I feel like I have courted every website. Au ideas of where to look?
December 31, 2012 at 10:39AM   
judianna20
I just googled Poppy on BM and there are a few color selections you could look at. One is BM Horizon and the other Ferret Brown. The brown bedroom looks very much like mine, only my accent color is Chinese Red, not much, just an old panel from an opium bed and red on the bergere chair trim. I think those pictures would be stunning on brown with lots of white for accent.
olmstead Residence
Lakeview Residence Bedroom
December 31, 2012 at 11:05AM   
PRO
Majestic India
You might like this quilt. It has the rich red colours you were talking about and looks great coordinated with white bedding. http://www.majestic-india.com/indian-quilts/red-sari-brocade-quilt
January 9, 2013 at 7:48AM   
Nancy Hehmann
You asked for website suggestions. Have you looked at the major Dept stores, Macys, Lord and Taylor, Nordstrom, JC Penney. Dillards. They all have home decor.
January 9, 2013 at 7:53AM   
Natalie
Hmmm, I think you may have posted two discussions on the same topic---anyway---keep it neutral on the bed (khaki) and muted olive for the walls. PIC for inspiration-bedding/wall colourS. Good Luck! http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/martha-stewart-collection-bedding-luxury-flannel-duvet-covers?ID=699048&CategoryID=7502&LinkType=#fn=sp%3D4%26spc%3D418%26ruleId%3D52%26slotId%3D143
January 9, 2013 at 7:58AM   
More Discussions
Awkward Bathroom Layout
want to do a master bathroom renovation, but stuck...
Bedroom and Bathroom
Need advice for a romantic and drastic bedroom change....
Need siding help for 60's split level exterior
We have a 1960's split level in desperate need of an...
Has anyone installed LG Viatera Rococo?
I am thinking about using LG Viatera Rococo in my kitchen,...
Please help me decide.....
We are putting in a stand up shower. Our tile is on...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.