Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
My new house is a zero lot line and its "ALL garage"
robbiegood
December 31, 2012 in Before & After
The garage is all people see when they pull in the drive. And most people are confused as as to where to go to get in. The "front door" is found by walking to the right of the garage- all the way to the back and there is a small covered area behind the garage where the door is located.

Help - how can I give this house some excitement - make it look more like a house than a garage and give it a front door?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Do you have a house plan you can attach? Otherwise it's not possible to say how you can add a front door.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 5:35AM
PRO
Dytecture
The large trees are shading the main entrance to the house. If you have a close up of the front that would also be helpful.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 8:01AM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I would say to add a decorative gate. Light it and the walkway nicely and it will give your guests the focal point needed to find your front door. This is also very inexpensive.
1 Like   December 31, 2012 at 8:44AM
mmilos
I would perhaps remove the large tree closest to your garage to open up the front of the house. Then have a wide entry path sweep out to the driveway from the front door and landscape it in friendly, low growing flowering shrubs/perennials. Plant some shrubs and flowers under the large street tree to make it mark the driveway entrance.
1 Like   December 31, 2012 at 10:58AM
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
A walkway is the best avenue to front entrance - there are many homes built in this way - start snooping and see what you like best - the trees are a factor to re-consider -

0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 2:00PM
claudiann
I would worry the two trees you have are going to damage your drive and foundation. They both appear too close. The roots will eventually cause the concrete to be pushed up. I would get rid of both and the overgrown bushes by the entrance. I would think about painting the gable and garage door a darker color which matched the brick.. Then I would highlight the entry with a lighter brighter color.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 3:15PM
houssaon
I think the issue is that the bushes by the enterance are overgrown. Cut them way back or remove them. Play out the walkway area, Widen, if nescessary. I'd find another place for the hose. Or store it in
Check to see if the two fron trees are healthy, otherwise, I would leave them alone.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 3:28PM