Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Exterior paint colour
Ruth Fagan
December 31, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We have just re roofed our 1904 weatherboard cottage with a galvanised tin roof and now need to paint it. I am having difficulty deciding whether to paint it steel blue or grey green with white trim. Any suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Noz Nozawa
Hi Ruth! Are you trying to decide what color to paint your roof, or your house?
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 2:47PM
Michelle Mink
I assume you are painting the siding. This answer sounds like a cop-out, but it's really not. Either color, slate-blue or green grey, will work with your gray galvanized roof. It's really a matter of preference. Both sound terrific with the white trim you have planned.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 3:18PM
Ruth Fagan
Thanks for the advice. I am actually looking to paint the weatherboard exterior, the tin roof is a light steel grey and has changed the look of the house which was previously pale green and cream with a dark grey roof.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 3:31PM
Ruth Fagan
Front of house
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 3:33PM
carolannr
Love a grey blue with white trim.
1 Like   December 31, 2012 at 3:37PM
Noz Nozawa
Ahh, in that case, I agree with Michelle that both colors would look great, but I am leaning toward painting it steel blue -- that would be so fresh! Would you also paint the cream trim to something more true-white? That would really make the blue stand out! When the job is done, share the "after" -- would love to see it!!
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 3:39PM
decoenthusiaste
Sherwin Williams has a couple of colors that might look pretty; Foggy Day or Glisten Yellow and I'd try Extra White for the trim.
0 Likes   December 31, 2012 at 4:18PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.