Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help picking out coffee table for new couch
jabby72
December 31, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have a charcoal microfiber sectional, white rug, and white fireplace and need a rectangular-shaped coffee table due to layout. my floors are dark brown stained concrete and my entertainment center is a light grey, so I try to keep everything neutral/light colored and have brightly colored accents (pillows, art).

Trying to figure out what type of coffee table would look best. Glass? wood? Gray? refurbished a cool/different color?

Any help is greatly appreciated. See photos...
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Nancy Hehmann
I would paint wall unit and coffee table white to lighten things up. If you have the budget, a glass table with metal could add some visual interest. But I would definitely paint the wall unit white particularly if you keep the paint color. If you paint the walls, antique white then You could leave the wall unit the color it is or better paint it black. You need to move the coffee table at least 18 inches from the couch. They almost look as one which creates a very dark look. Have you thought of adding artwork above the couch. Check on Etsy.com . They have photography or paintings from artisans and craftsman all over US, Canada or other parts of the world and you can discuss your needs prior to purchase if you like. It is easy to contact each shop owner. You can type photography and the theme you are interested in in the search engine. I can create black and white if you do not like color. My shop is nancyhehmann. Just input it in their search engine. Click on the link below and it will take you to my shop and to just one example - a sidewalk cafe in Italy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/106841962/photography-of-sidewalk-cafe-in-palermo

Have a Happy New Year!!
December 31, 2012 at 4:18pm     
jabby72
Thank you - I should have said that the wall behind the couch will be removed - there is another sitting area behind that wall and we want to open it up to make one large space. The walls right now are a cream, but I agree, they need to be painted a different/lighter color. Painting the media center is not an option as I like the light grey and we just purchased it :). Thanks for the tip on keeping the (Current) coffee table away from the couch by 18 inches! I'm always on Etsy buying lots of fun art, but I will check your site out as well. I am seriously thinking of a glass table, but am still open to other ideas.
December 31, 2012 at 4:26pm     
Nancy Hehmann
OOPs lighting is everything and in the picture the walls look green.
December 31, 2012 at 4:32pm