Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help ! where to keep my TV?
locaphoto
December 31, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hello. I have a big problem here.. My husband and I really enjoy watching TV. This new home we moving in soon , is great open concept house, but i see no good place for a TV. Doesn't need to be a huge one , but a decent size one . 1) Above fire place does not have enough room. 2) I hate the idea of blocking the window. 3) I would like to be able to watch TV if im in a kitchen. 4 ) The stairway wall in the entrance does not look a great idea, been so close o the entrance.

How would you do it
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Donald
Google search "tv on easel"...can move it around (limited to cords and plugs) but might be something to consider
December 31, 2012 at 6:13pm     
decoenthusiaste
Can't see what is to the left of the FP or how large that wall is, but I would do a complete built-in wall around it with a spot for the TV too. Put it on a swivel so you can turn it to see from the kitchen.
Portfolio
Living Room
Grand Media Room
Family Room 1
December 31, 2012 at 6:14pm     
designideas4me
Just put up a wall mount bracket where ever you want. It takes up as little as 2 feet and they have cantilever arms too.
December 31, 2012 at 6:25pm     
locaphoto
Great ideas everyone. i take all the ideas you can give :)
i hate taking the main focal point in a room and put a ugly screen on top or next to it.. i dont know.. it may be my solution . or a lower tv stand and put it next to the window.. i'll have nice shades to block the lighting when wanted.. i need to move in first to get more feel of the room.
December 31, 2012 at 6:45pm   
locaphoto
That wall on each side of the FP aren't to big.. on the right opens up to the dining room.
December 31, 2012 at 6:50pm   
pcmom1
The above is a great idea.

But just to "think tank" here...if you aren't formal dining room sort of folks, and you wouldn't mind losing that small window in the dining room, then..
Open up the wall in the kitchen, the one that has the stove, and place a built in across, along that wall that has the window currently to hold the tv. Place a sectional along the wall facing tv. May not even be enough room for this, but could possibly make a cozy tv nook.

Your huge living room could easily hold your dining table also.
December 31, 2012 at 6:52pm     
locaphoto
Thank you :)
December 31, 2012 at 6:52pm   
locaphoto
I love your Idea, really great.. but im so happy i have finally a dining room to invite my big Portuguese family :) I hate to lose that room like this.. its crazy my stress over this, cause we also have a media room or "theater" above the garage.. but that will only be for our " movie nights" and its a bit out of the way, pass breezeway ... . keep those great ideas coming :) loving it !! Im terrible imagining dec, and passing through plain walls..
December 31, 2012 at 7:07pm   
More Discussions
Framed Burlap
Both side by side or one?
First Time Homebuyer, Kitchen Painting Dilemma
Our kitchen is open to the dining room which has a...
Need help to update Liviing room and powder room decor
We are planning to update with new d├ęcor. ( living...
Anyone know what this couch is?
Particularly the fabric - I love it! From the cover...
family room change-up!
Hi all....my family room is about 12x25 with 10' ceilings....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.