Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Accent Wall
amcox_us
December 31, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I want to make one wall my accent wall. I'm debating between the wall with the fireplace and the wall with the windows. Hmmm?

The third picture is the color that I plan to use.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Natalie
Hi---I say the recessed areas of the FP wall. You may want to check Hancock Gray amd Providence Olive-both Ben Moore. See how the colors look with your cabs, counters, and carpet. Good Luck!
December 31, 2012 at 8:41PM     
amcox_us
Thanks! I will have dark hardwood floors throughout the first floor.
December 31, 2012 at 8:46PM     
houssaon
That is such a beautiful shade of gray. Do you know what color it is? Rever Pewter? If I were you, I'd use it in the entire space. The room is large and that color with your hardwood floors would look awesome!
December 31, 2012 at 8:57PM     
amcox_us
Color: Benjamin Moore Berkshire Beige

I just didn't want to make the room too dark with painting the walls with with the really dark floors.
December 31, 2012 at 9:27PM   
Natalie
It's Berkshire Beige, not Revere Pewter. Yes, it's a pretty color. I think it will look nice, but do check the others too. [houzz=
]
December 31, 2012 at 9:31PM     
houssaon
I love that color. Here are other spaces: Palmetto Bluff - Private Residence 1 (love the mirror), Palmetto Bluff - Private Residence 2, Breakfast Room, and Master Bedroom.

Here is another photo with dark floors: Stair.

I would do a white ceiling and white trim. You could also paint the fireplace chimney white and the wall facing the windows white. It depends on the furniture selection, too. Most of the pictures show white and light colored upholstery.
January 1, 2013 at 12:10AM   
PRO
Dytecture
I agree with Natalie about the accent wall in the recessed niche beside the fireplace wall.
January 1, 2013 at 7:54AM     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I would do just the opposite and highlight the fire place. Darker colors visually push the wall away. I think that darker on each side would make the fireplace stand out to much.
January 1, 2013 at 8:40AM   
amcox_us
The entire first floor will be dark hardwood floors. I want the kitchen and family rooms to have two different colors, but a shade or two off from one another.
January 18, 2013 at 9:01PM   
amcox_us
Family room third wall
January 18, 2013 at 9:07PM   
PRO
Scott Design, Inc.
With ten windows providing a substantial amount of light, you will find that the same color placed on all walls will show differently on each wall at different times of the day. You will get a two shade differentiation in the family room regardless of what's happening in the kitchen. I suggest you
January 18, 2013 at 9:14PM   
PRO
Scott Design, Inc.
Sorry, I hit the Submit button my mistake. As I was saying...
I suggest you put the color you want for an evening environment and then put samples on all 4 walls. During the daylight hours, stand back so you can see at least 3 walls at once in order to see the color variations. You may not need an accent wall.
January 18, 2013 at 9:22PM     
amcox_us
Thanks!
January 19, 2013 at 4:02AM   
amcox_us
I also do not want to take way from the windows, by over powering it with too much dressing. I'm thinking about just blinds.
January 19, 2013 at 4:04AM   
amcox_us
:- )
January 20, 2013 at 8:41AM   
amcox_us
?
January 21, 2013 at 5:03AM   
PRO
Scott Design, Inc.
Your windows are an architectural element in addition to providing natural light. You are correct in not wanting to interfere with this. If anything, blinds are the way to go...it looks as though they are installed now. I have to believe they are on remote control (at least the second level).
January 21, 2013 at 2:57PM     
More Discussions
Front of Cabin (Exterior)
We have a cedar-sided lake cabin & love the front porch...
Help me decorate my dining room. I'm stuck!
I'm trying to finish up my dining room & I can't decide...
Brighten up a dark kitchen? Inexpensively?
My house I'd great, but it was a "flip" and, while...
Need help finding window treatments!!
I cannot decide what window treatment would be both...
Shower enclosure for a small bathroom
Hi, I have just purchased an apartment in New Delhi...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.