Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Pillar design help
utnina3
January 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am remodeling a restaurant and have two pillars that need to be integrated in the design. Here is the state of the restaurant pre-remodel. The second picture is the design concept but I am not sure about the design of the pillars....HELP!!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sacapuntaslapioz
they seem to dominate the space in a unattractive way. I would use acustical panels or wall panels or mirrors. http://www.acousticalsolutions.com/ecosorpt-wall-panels http://www.modulararts.com/panels/designs.html
1 Like   January 1, 2013 at 5:17AM
apple_pie_order
I agree with sacapuntaslaploz. Acoustic panels will help with the noise and be unobtrusive. The proposed white accents on the pillars will require frequent hand cleaning if they are tacked-on painted wood. Another option would be to clad with wood matching the floors or the stone matching the back area.

Also,I recommend that you sit for an hour in the type of pillow-roll seating proposed before you buy it. It is very uncomfortable for many of us, especially with that perpendicular backing whose wood trim will hit right on your back. If this is a fast food place, you don't need people to be comfortable. If it is a wine-with-dinner place, it should be comfortable.
1 Like   January 1, 2013 at 7:00AM
patriciarhall
clad the lower portions of the pillars in the wood that you are using on the solid wall, then clad the upper portions with mirror tiles. Daytime lighting will be good with the mirrors and nighttime lighting with the mirrors will be even better. Congrats on the new space.
1 Like   January 1, 2013 at 7:24AM