powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bathroom- wainscot? All wallpaper, or paint combo?
Dani
January 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a black chic French inspired bedroom. The hall that connects the bedroom to the master bath is also in the same decor. Ill be changing the flooring in master bath and hall to black hardwood. The walls of the bath have a LOT of cutouts and small areas. I was going to tile the wall but tile won't go with the very chic black bedroom- a mix of French contemporary with greek. No no no :) The bath has expensive brown marble that I can't afford to replace. I need to keep the marble while somehow getting the Bath to "match" the rest of the room in black. I've thought about black or dark gray wainscot but the intricate pieces are getting expensive. Thought about a silver gray and black wallpaper with paint the same color as the room but can't figure out how to place a gray or black right against the brown marble and not have it look funky. My idea book containing my black bedroom will give you a sense of the decor. I have two black matching chandeliers to go in the bathroom as a "known" as well as the black hard wood being installed this week. Help
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dani
The bath transition to bedroom
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 1:42PM
snorrell
What color is your marble? Love it.
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 1:48PM
snorrell
Is it marble or granite?
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 1:48PM
Dani
It's emperador dark marble - the problem is the room is being transitioned to black and gray and Im not sure how to do that without it looking out of place - or replacing expensive marble
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 1:49PM
luveserasers
where did your bedding come from and what is your wall color, love it
0 Likes   November 22, 2013 at 9:31PM
More Discussions
Colours that works with the floor
I just bought a house and the kitchen is stumping me....
Family room update
I need help with wall decor, art etc. Also input for...
My "Woman" Cave... a soon to be peaceful retreat for ME!
This room has 2 sets of french doors with a set up...
Need help with my entryway
I have this rigips dressing in the entry way, and I...
How to hide closet doors
I am looking for suggestions on how to hide these doors....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.