Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Condo/Loft Lighting - Concrete Ceilings -Help
kprincio
January 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need to add track lighting in the condo I just purchased but I'm not sure of the color or type. Others condos in my building have heavy black track lighting but with exposed mechanicals I worry that my ceilings will be too "busy" (grey concrete ceiling, white plumbing pipes, black sprinkler lines, silver ductwork). I thought about grey track lighting so it blends with the ceilings? I want the lighting to be warm, soft but also bright enough. my blinds will be semi-closed most of the time for privacy (first floor ondo) so natural light is very limited. Also, the light fixtures can't require major drilling in the concrete ceiling for heavy duty anchors or rewiring since that requires blueprints and condo approval. I'm not into the cable lighting thing or the curved track lighting just clean lines. Could I have brushed nickel track lighting L shape in living room, and one of this large drum lights in the center? All the photos I've seen of lofts with exposed mechanicals either had a white ceiling or all the pipes were one color so I think that's why I'm stumped. Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
kprincio
Forgot to mention that I'm definitely ok getting rid of the hanging light in the kitchen and foyer.
January 1, 2013 at 3:36pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Custom Home Planning Center
Two thoughts one is I ran across a concrete colored paint that could help fade the tracks in. The other thing is a combination of up lite crown and down lite wall wash. This is done by setting the crown down about 8" spaced out by a one by a 1x on the wall so the base inverted base the crown starts off from hanges down over the one 1x enough to allow you to run LED emitter chip strip lights on top of the crown and in the recess created by the inverted base.
January 1, 2013 at 9:23pm