Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
entry
robinest5
January 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
any suggestions for this entry full of ceiling to floor windows?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sharleeg
Can you tell us more about the space ( apt /house)as a whole? I don't at all like the dark brown doors and trim with wall color and floor color. One has to go, walls or dark wood,but not sure what is going on elsewhere.It could work with neutral, light walls. The trim could also look great if floors were dark stain and walls very light.Are you looking for furniture/decor suggestions or just style in general?
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 5:11PM
Lesli Richardson
I would put a texture on solid wall. A brick veneer perhaps.
1 Like   January 1, 2013 at 5:16PM
robinest5
Thanks for looking! All colors in room to change but was wondering what we could put in the room for furniture, function, & decor- the windows are throwing us off - I was thinking some kind of built in but am open to any suggestions1
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 5:20PM
Lesli Richardson
Does alot of direct sunlight hit this spot?
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 5:23PM
robinest5
Yes! Tons! Windows by door face east the others face south
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 5:26PM
sharleeg
what is the size and how do you envision using this space?
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 5:32PM
robinest5
The wall is 8ft long & from the wall toward the door is 6ft. The closet will be the catch all but would still like to have some kind of decor with function
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 5:40PM
karmastudios
Beautiful rug, long drapery (functioning), elegant settee in front of south windows, large mirror on wall facing door, demi lune or sofa table under mirror, large urn with fern (love saying that) by door, and you have an awesome entryway. You can close curtains when sun gets too hot.
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 5:48PM
robinest5
Haha! Wow! I likey! My only worry is that the drapes will fade from the sun...is there a trick to preventing that?
0 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 9:31PM
karmastudios
Probably not in the long run...you could use light colored to begin with, so it wouldn't be that noticeable or lined ones. I'm glad you likey!! Make me happy!!
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 10:08AM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.