Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
need help with my living room
vissu2
January 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
i am panning to buy a white sectional ....i painted one of the wall in my living room with chilli pepper color paint to put a contract white sectional....now i feel its not going well with my rest of the room ...please suggest me if the color is looking good on the wall or should i repaint it with some color from my fire place back splash or should i change my curtains?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MAlps
The red color isnt very cozy. Maybe a deeper red would do the trick
January 2, 2013 at 4:16AM   
diyjames
I agree with malps. All the colors appear to be competing with each other. Something a bit warmer may work
January 2, 2013 at 4:30AM   
creeser
I like it and would leave it until you got your new sofa. I think the blue/gray of your current furniture is throwing you off.
January 2, 2013 at 4:31AM   
Dar Eckert
Fun color. I like the way you hung the drapes around the corner. It may be the drapes that don't seem to go with the chili pepper wall. They appear greenish but wait until your sofa comes then reevaluate. Send a new photo when they arrive.
January 2, 2013 at 5:32AM   
peacefultig
I think your colors are fantastic and would wait, like the previous comments suggested and then reevaluate. I would also add some multicolored pillows that include every color to throw onto your new sofa. Also add one red vase and one multicolor vase with blueish/grayish and white to your table. Or a blueish/grey colored vase with one red rose.
January 2, 2013 at 7:29AM   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I agree to wait until the sofa is in place. I think at that time it will be the drapery that is throwing it off a bit.
January 2, 2013 at 7:37AM   
Next Level Interiors
The colors here in this room are actually quite nice. I think the red works well with the sofa you have in there now and, of course, will work well with the white tone sofa you plan on buying. The elephant in the room throwing everything off is the area rug. It is too dark for on the dark tone floors. The color of the rug also does not work with the sofa color or anything else in the room. Change the rug to a lighter color with tones that pickup other colors in the room is my suggestion. Also add art work, photos, or a sculptural piece over your sofa on the bare wall over the sofa.
January 2, 2013 at 10:15AM   
More Discussions
My living room
We recently painted our living room gray to match the...
Need Help for new house
I am building a house and with my floor plan, I find...
Before and after...more advice?
Hi, I just recently moved into a new apt and had no...
Help me find an area rug for this space!
This is the master bedroom in our new condo in FL....
Removing chimney stack.
Since me and my wife have moved in to our house we...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.