Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Will LOVE your help with my bathroom
lucykr
January 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
After reading other posts and awesome advices, decided to ask you for help. We are remodeling a small bathroom. Have: glass shower cabin, white vanity, mirror, white toilet, and recessed narrow wall storage cabinet 66"tall with sage color wooden doors. Now have to decide on colors/tile. I was thinking about dark grey floor, altogether with shower floor, so it looks not very country, but rather eclectic, but have no idea about walls...tile and colors. Ceiling has some slope (higher above the vanity) and 2 sun tunnels. Please, give me your suggestions and advices how to make my bathroom nice and elegant no matter that so small. I believe it is possible and looking forward to hear from you! Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
Can sage cabinet be painted a different color? Is cabinet built in? What is style of house? Is this a master bathroom or a bathroom connected to a bedroom?
January 2, 2013 at 10:11am   
lucykr
This is a master bathroom connected to bedroom. Cabinet is built in between wall studs. That sage color is rather nice and sophisticated, but can be changed if needed. The house is ranch style, and I just started to decorate it.Pottery Barn magazines my favorite to look, and I think this is the style which will fit in my house. But I don't know how to call this style :)
January 2, 2013 at 11:06pm   
TanCalGal
I like the Master Bath & Master Bedroom to coordinate. So you may have to re-do the M. Bedroom at some time. To me sage is better paired with the beige family not gray. However if I was gifting myself with a beautiful new bathroom, I would not center it around a sage cupboard. I'd paint the sage cupboard the color of the bathroom trim (white or off white) and not have the cupboard stand out as a feature in the new bath. The new bath will have gorgeous tile and that tile should be the diva not the sage cupboard.

For this bathroom, I'd have the glass triangle shower area as the diva and have the tile in there and on the vanity top be the center of attention. The floor tiles can be a coordinating beige.
January 3, 2013 at 9:39am     
lucykr
I am ready to redecorate bedroom as well!
January 3, 2013 at 5:47pm     
lucykr
Thank you olldj22. I never thought about this color of tile before. Let me think now! I will take a picture of my bedroom so you take a look!
January 3, 2013 at 8:28pm     
More Discussions
What's your best housekeeping tip?
Occasionally my 12 year old daughter will clean the...
Living Room Arrangement help!
We moved into our house about a month ago and I just...
Split level exterior remodel ideas help
We recently purchased a split level home. I'm in the...
Shade loving perennials in the Midwest?
I want to plant low maintenance shrubs and flowers...
Help with re-painting the exterior
I'm having a hard time trying to match a color to the...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.