Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with back bar
kriesenbec
January 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Can't decide whether to put mirror or glass colored tiles as backsplash to our back bar. Our granite countertop has splashes of shiny blues in it.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Rick Spence
some interesting subway tiles that pull out the blue in the granite could be nice.
January 2, 2013 at 1:07AM     
charleee
Perhaps stainless tiles to coordinate with your fridge, and round tiles would break up all the squares: [houzz=Modern Kitchen Tile]
[houzz=River Rock Pattern Mosaic Stainless Steel Tile]
January 2, 2013 at 2:23AM     
PRO
Stoneshop
I am fond of the mirror tile look for a bar, personally. It is neutral, plus many bars utilize mirrors in their design. It will also help to bounce around light in this (seemingly) small space.

[houzz=
]

My second vote would be for olldbobbi's stainless steel tile suggestion.
January 2, 2013 at 8:07AM   
PRO
Granite Grannies
Is that a Blue in the Night Granite? That stone picks up the colors next to it really well, so if you don't want to introduce any other colors, then a mirror/ mirrored tile would be great. It would definitely add a lot of shine to the room. However, if you wanted to play up the blue or introduce a new color, the Blue in the Night tends to looks like it's absorbed the colors next to it. It's a really cool effect. I think either option would look great in that space.
January 2, 2013 at 9:00AM   
PRO
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Hi kriesenbec!
A fun and different idea would be to go with blue mirror tiles! It is a mirror so it keeps that effect, while adding a little more visual interest and pulling out the blue from the counters. We carry cobalt blue mirror tiles in 5 different sizes, below are some examples and here is a link to all of our mirror tiles: http://www.susanjablon.com/shop/glass-tiles-mosaic/specialty-tiles/mirror-tiles.html
January 2, 2013 at 9:49AM   
kriesenbec
Thank you so much for all of your ideas! The granite is called emerald pearl. Think I'll either go with the stainless tiles or mirror option.
January 2, 2013 at 4:15PM     
PRO
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Here is an image of your granite with three different types of tile in a similar shape and size. The top is a cobalt mirror tile, the middle a stainless steel, and the third is called milk glass. It is white, with an iridescent finish that makes it look like a pale blue. Those tiles are curved and create a cool effect. Just another idea!
January 3, 2013 at 7:01AM   
PRO
A Kitchen That Works LLC
If budget is tight go with mirror, if not go with glass tile.
January 3, 2013 at 7:06AM   
kriesenbec
Thanks! I think I like the milk glass!
January 3, 2013 at 11:06AM   
PRO
Susan Jablon Mosaics
It's really a very cool tile, and very popular! Here's an image of it in a kitchen:

and here's the link to it on our site: http://www.susanjablon.com/3-4-inch-curved-white-milk-glass-subway-tile.html
January 3, 2013 at 11:27AM     
chiomega02
Mirror tiles could be tough to keep clean. Glass or colored tiles would help to mask any spots
January 3, 2013 at 11:35AM