Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with entire home floor plan!
smabell
January 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Need some help with this floor plan, It feels very "boxy" and awkward to me, especially where the bedrooms are. I am not against knocking down any number of walls, and re-doing the entire floor plan, however I would like to keep the bathrooms where they are and the fireplace wall in the Family room needs to stay. We also don't need 4 bedrooms (almost 5 lol) upstairs, this house has a great unfinished basement we are planning on finishing and adding two to three rooms down there.

I would really like to make one of the upstairs bedrooms into an office, since my husband and I are always on our computers.

I was thinking of moving the kitchen to the dining room, and making the old kitchen area kind of a mud room w/ laundry or a breakfast nook. The door in the kitchen is going to be the main entrance for us, since the garage is on that end of the house, with the front door being used mainly for guests.

The problem with moving the kitchen to the dining room, is I don't know where I'll put the dining room.. I was thinking of half-ing the living room and putting up a wall, however it will just make two boxy/small rooms.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to edit the floor plan if you'd like!
I made kind of a blank slate with the floor plan, hopefully someone can get creative in paint :D
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
MAlps
Its hard to understand what all the rooms are, but i would remove the wall in between the dining room and family rom
January 2, 2013 at 4:05am   
More Discussions
Thoughts on new Great Room/Kitchen Colors
We're building a new home in the SF bay area and are...
Shutter dilemma
I'm looking for advice on shutters. I can't change...
Any color ideas for the exterior of my house?
I just had my windows replaced and the large front...
Whole house flooring
We are replacing our ancient wall to wall carpeting...
Nightstand, chair, etc ideas for master bedroom
We can't seem to find the right type of night stands...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.