Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Wall color for small MB
utzybuzzy
January 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Have teak furniture, carpet with squares of light and darker sage, lavender and off white. Like bright, clean and more minimalist, but also like color and no white or light bed linens, dogs!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Pick a color from your carpet that is the least prevalent. Do 3 walls in this color and a bolder color from the carpet behind the bed. Do the bed in a neutral pet friendly color that coordinates with the rest.
January 2, 2013 at 8:48am   
decoenthusiaste
SW's 0066 Cascade Green would be pretty.
January 2, 2013 at 9:19am     
GizV
Orange is a traditional color to go with teak. I think anything in the red or yellow family works as well.

With pets, I'd find a patterned bed covering with rust, brown, and sage. For the walls I'd bring in the sage of your carpet. I think green is soothing for a bedroom. Gray is another great color and can be found with a hint of green or blue, depending on your preference.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures with the colors I would use. It might inspire you towards finding your total color palette.
January 2, 2013 at 10:11am   
utzybuzzy
Thank you for all your help. I was thinking of a sage green or light blue, but the green makes more sense. I never thought of gray because I thought it was too dark. So off to the paint store for samples (yellow and orange too). Great ideas about the bed. I was totally confused about that. Hope I can find what I want. One question. If I do an accent color what would be a good one?
January 2, 2013 at 6:27pm   
GizV
Your accent color will either guide your color scheme or come from the final fabric and paint choices. You have a lime green lamp, is that a favorite color? If yes, finding fabric and paint that works with that color would be best.

Personally, I would consider the bedding I found at Pottery Barn with accents in the blue or yellow. This would be very soothing against a blue-gray wall and with the teak furniture.

Accents in black, cream, or browns will go with just about everything.

By the by, unless you get very lucky, it's probably best to find your fabrics, then the paint, then the accents. Once you have the samples from the paint store you'll have a better idea of what you want to live with and how it works with the teak and your carpet and you'll have a starting point to find your bedding.

Once you've found the bedding, take a sham into the paint store, choose several colors that work with it then take them home to see what pleases you with the bedding, carpet, and teak furniture.

I hope you post the final outcome. And I hope you enjoy the creative process of pulling together the colors.
January 2, 2013 at 7:59pm   
More Discussions
Looking to update and improve curb appeal, 60s colonial
The previous owner did not maintain the siding well...
Outside window garden.
When I sit at my computer desk I look out to the backyard....
Let's play in my LR!
OK, so we moved into this much smaller place over a...
Paint color suggestions needed. Help!
Can anyone offer paint color suggestions to help me?...
Really struggling with this small dining room!
I am starting a new thread with updated pictures for...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.