Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Guest bedroom
pennymoon
January 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm in the process of decorating a guest bedroom. I like the mirror above the bed, but the wall still looks boring and bare. Thinking about artwork of some sorts above each lamp. Help!!! Please excuse the quality of the photo!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sms9758
I think if you had different color pillows than the headboard were the mirror may pop a little bit. As it is its too dark a scene. You could even use larger framed mirrors on the walls behind the lamps to add some more sparkle.
1 Like   January 2, 2013 at 9:55AM
pennymoon
I'm definitely changing the pillows on the bed. I'm going for a gray and mustard color scheme..still working on all my bedding accents. I like the idea of more mirrors above the bedside tables! What type mirror should I go with?
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 10:01AM
pennymoon
I just painted and love the gray. My plan is to bring in mustard colored accessories with my bedding. I want to stick with my dilemma that I posted. WHAT TO ADD TO THE WALL!!!!
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 10:12AM
PRO
SkylA Interiors
You can STENCIL THE WALL or add a nice WALL COVERING. Wall art is the finishing touch.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 10:17AM
sms9758
I would be tempted to bring in a wood frame for the mirrors behind the tables or maybe a mirror that is wrapped with a mirrored frame so it would not compete with the gorgeous mirror above your bed. I like your colors you plan on adding and the gray walls are very sophisticated and soothing for a bedroom.
1 Like   January 2, 2013 at 10:26AM
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
I would try a series of 3 pieces of artwork, and repurpose the mirror on a smaller wall. I love the mirror, just think it's too small for behind the headboard.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 10:28AM
pennymoon
I think the photo may be a bit deceiving as far as the size. I don't think my mirror is any smaller than the one in this photo. This is the photo that inspired me to do a mirror.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
ideas for practical kitchen floorplan?
My husband and I live in an 1960's home. We love the...
Can I use this in our dining room?
I just bought this mirror and was hoping to use it...
Living room decor and furniture placement help!
My couch is plumb colored and it seems like the room...
looking to install ventless fireplace in wall.
there will be mounted tv above unit. does this present...
What to do with second bathroom in the master bedroom?
Our master bedroom had an extension built on to it...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.