Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help picking colors
aklooster
January 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Need help with my kitchen wall colors.It is a vacation home an just want to make it look warm an relaxing.planning on putting in wood lam flooring painting all trim white,lite stained bead board of some kind,leaving cabinets white,was thinking of painting the walls a blue,or a gray.But really need some advise
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Where is the location?That should influence the vacation theme you want to achieve.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 2:11PM
sschmidt10
If your looking for warm colors you should consider either painting just the top or bottom cabinets! If you don't to go down that route a grey would be nice, get a swatch from the paint company of your choice as there are many different shades of grey
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 2:17PM
1 Like   January 2, 2013 at 2:41PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
It sounds that you know what your going to do. You just haven't committed to a color. Pick one you love and trust your instincts. They sound like they are spot on at this point.
2 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 2:44PM
aklooster
The house is located in Pentwater mi.Thankyou for the advice on the colors that I was thinking of going with,just needed to hear from other people,don't like second guessing or painting more than once
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 9:51PM
PRO
ReFRESHED Designs
Hi there. Fun project ahead. Two paint colors I'd suggest would be : Benj Moore Wedgewood grey...it'sa beautiful blue/grey that would look really fresh in there. Or, Valspar Au Lait Ole'... a warm mid-tone creamy brown that really makes white POP. Either way, I'd definitely replace the current trim and paint it white, or just paint what,s there white.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 10:01PM
GizV
I decided to go bold in my little kitchen. With so little wall and white cabinets I thought it could go red. Because of the existing floors and countertops I chose a brick red. Therefore, my advice is to go as bold as you dare, whether its a deep blue or dark charcoal. I'm attaching a pic of my "bold" statement.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 10:09PM
Eileen
If you're doing light stained bead board I'd got grey on the walls, blue will be a bit to country bumpkin. Love the Stonington Grey! I'd add a couple built in shelves above the stove vent to finish that off.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 10:48PM