powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What to do with little room connected to living room.
oscarisrael11
January 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I just bought a house and it has this little area connected to the living room. What do you suggest I do with it in order for it to get used? You can't see the TV from the room, so putting something to sit and watch TV from wouldn't work.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Judith Taylor Designs
It would be a nice little reading nook. A grand piano would fit nicely but may not be in the budget. There is nothing wrong with a secondary seating cluster which will be used when entertaining. Is there a need for a desk? You really need to examine your needs in order to answer this question. I don't see filling a space just because it is empty. Find a need for it.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 4:39PM
smldesigns
What about an office or a small reading room with a chaise? Your home looks very traditional, I can envision a desk with cabriole legs and a nice bookcase.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 4:40PM
anthip
I agree - what do you need? Do you need hobby space? You could use a screen to divide it off a little if you wanted to hide mess at all. Do you need an office space? More seating?
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 4:56PM
oscarisrael11
We do need a place to put our home computer. So an office space could work. I just wasn't sure how I'd make it work without it looking tacky being that you can see it from the living room. The carpet is being taken out, so putting wood flooring/tile is an option in order to separate it from the rest of the living room.
0 Likes   January 2, 2013 at 5:03PM
bgal231
I wouldn't recommend making the flooring in this space different from the living room. If you're going wood or tile, you could do it all that way with 2 area rugs. As for the office space, you can get an armoire that will house the computer & can be closed to hide everything. An upholstered "office" chair (or two) can double as extra living room seating.
1 Like   January 2, 2013 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
Spotty ceiling?
Our new to us home has a walk in master closet that...
My First Home
My husband and I just bought our first home and with...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Configuration of kitchen
Layout if room prohibits us from going the layout we'd...
front door, shutter and trim
any suggestions on front door color with coordinating...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.