Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with railing colour
ffud
January 2, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Could you please help me pick a colour for the railing on the front steps. I would like to blend them in to the house. The cream colour seems to jump out too much. I was wondering if a dark charcoal would work.
Thank you
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I actually really like the cream colour. When someone is approaching your house, they're aiming for the steps and the railings, so it's nice to have them there and welcoming. I think this is a very pretty house and I wouldn't change anything!
January 2, 2013 at 5:24pm     
2dogssashatess
I agree with Cynthia. If you want to project you could do something with the front garden
January 2, 2013 at 5:32pm     
smldesigns
I wouldn't do dark charcoal - they will stand out even more particularly against the light colored steps. If you want a change, maybe a lighter grey - stone color.
January 2, 2013 at 5:32pm   
ffud
Thank you very much for your help - never thought about the contrast with the steps
January 13, 2013 at 12:54pm   
ffud
Thanks - we have just moved in and I plan on redoing the front garden in the spring.
January 13, 2013 at 12:56pm   
spartucus
I agree, house looks lovely as it. Fix garden, it looks like a bunch of stuff in there, but not quite pulling off cottage garden look. Some viburum near front great, they smell amazing in spring. Perhaps a white bench at an angle or on a small patio with steppers going to front path. The plants on the porch look too big for the pots, I'd do something that trails over the sides too. Also appear to be an awful lot of outdoor lites. Consider removing a few. Not sure what that patio in progress thing is next to front walkway is. more garden, less hardscape. You could also flagstone steppers to go to bench. Are the front steps painted white. They should be to match rest of trim. It's a really pretty home. Yes, now that I am looking again, I see all this brick stuff was a garden border. Just too busy. Cut nice deep bed edges and keep it simple. Prefer only brick borders for raised beds or beds on hillslope. Perhaps one white adirondack chair on porch to complete.
January 13, 2013 at 1:16pm   
ffud
Thank you for you help. Just moved into home and plan on redoing garden in spring. Plan on taking out rocks. Thanks again
January 22, 2013 at 5:59pm   
More Discussions
Need help to choose colour
Hi we are building and I need to choose a colour for...
Don't Let My Dining Room Down!!!!!
Hello! My dining room really wants some help! It has...
What kind of faucet?
I have bone corian counter tops and slate floors My...
dried flower arrangement
My husband thinks this dried flower arrangement is...
Need some planting ideas!
We are about to put our home on the market. We had...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.