Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Mirror and lamp for chest
kriesenbec
January 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
What shape mirror and material would you suggest to use with this entryway chest? Will either of these lamps work or other suggestions.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Dexter Sykes
I think the oval or any decorative mirror will complement the chest: http://www.ba-stores.com/catalogue/mirrors/options[]/1847/
January 3, 2013 at 2:52am   
kriesenbec
Thank you. I really like the first mirror. What do you think of either of the lamps?
January 3, 2013 at 2:56am     
Nora
I think the right mirror is better.The left one is far to curly and not connected with the style of the chest.
The lamp on the left is very nice on this chest.
January 3, 2013 at 4:48am     
PRO
Dexter Sykes
I think the second lamp looks more dramatic. The first one maybe looks more contemporary and light.
January 3, 2013 at 4:55am     
Nora
yes, but the second lamp has absolutely nothing to do with the style of the chest it adds noise and is ruling the chest.
January 3, 2013 at 5:02am     
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
What is the style of the rest of your house? The two lamps are very different, so I would pick the one that best matchs the decor of the home
January 3, 2013 at 5:04am   
Nora
maybe I should say overruling Dexter sorry for my english( I'm dutch)
January 3, 2013 at 5:04am   
charleee
I like both lamps, but for that chest I would choose the silver one, with the bird mirror.
January 3, 2013 at 5:23am   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
The 1st lamp which appears to be mercury glass is much better suited to the chest. The 2 mirrors at the top are both too ornate for that chest which is already a bold statement. It is very beautiful and has great eye catching detail. Your mirror should have clean and simple lines rectangular or oval will work. I prefer the rectangle personally. It should be either a burnished gold or silver leaf framed.
January 3, 2013 at 5:27am     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
PS: loose the box it is not good with either the lamp or the chest.
January 3, 2013 at 5:28am     
stefspad
The chest is lovely, the silvery glass lamp is very nice on it. I would use a simple oval mirror with a brass or goldish frame to contrast with the silver of the lamp--or even a painted frame if you can find something at a yard sale or antique shop. And for the chest top, don't forget the rule of three...you can keep the box (which I like for color) if you add one more item. A vase of flowers, a book, a piece of pottery...
January 3, 2013 at 5:51am   
PRO
Dytecture
I am voting for the lamp on the left. Here is one idea.

January 3, 2013 at 5:59am     
kriesenbec
Thanks! Our house is at Lake of the Ozarks, Mo. It tends to look more contemporary which is not my style. I like the Pottery Barn look or Ballard Design. I am pretty much starting from scratch in decorating except keeping the carpet, flooring and cabinets in the kitchen. The only furniture I have is the cream sofa, hutch, and kitchen table with bar stools besides the striped chest. The fireplace is getting covered in faux stone.
January 3, 2013 at 11:47am   
More Discussions
Redo Family Room
Need help with paint colors, accent colors and arrangement!...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
What would you put here?
Hi All, Last time I asked if I should take this backsplash...
Color for door hardware
We are replacing the exterior door on our early '60's...
Wall Color for New Basement
Hello Houzzers! I'm looking for help choosing a paint...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.