powered by
Need help decorating these walls
January 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My dining room has two huge 9 1/2 foot wide walls and I have no idea what to do with them. One is tan with just the flat ceiling and the other is a dark plum purple wall with a vaulted ceiling. let me know your ideas or send pics my way please!!!
Thank you for any help
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Alexei Rebrov Art
I can suggest red, blue or pink/purple abstract print from my collection for the plum wall. http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/purple/products/abstract-print-on-aluminum-3707
It will look refreshing.

I attached an example of a triptych on a pink wall but it will work very well on darker color wall as well.

Are you considering something like this?
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 11:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jil Sonia Interiors
My thought would be to add a little plum coloured art to the tan wall to tie it together, very large art for a large wall. Then on the purple wall, a set of decorative metal scrolled lattice type panels might work well as you could see through them, again, very large in size. Too small art would chop up the room and look too busy. Jil
1 Like   January 3, 2013 at 11:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sky Interior Studios
Consider re-painting dark purple to lighter one to make it balance. You're dining table & chairs are already too dark. You can change those light fixture with chandelier or pendant lights. Add either a rectangular mirror, small little plates or a nice art on the left side corner and a nice buffet table.
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 11:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sky Interior Studios
Small round plates, lighter purple & chandelier
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 11:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
It looks like you like contemporary yet traditional too and would like a bit of sophistication.

0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 11:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Interiors International, Inc.
You most definitely need art. Although I like the work above it doesn't look like your style. I could be wrong art speaks to everyone differently.
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 11:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Motorola1... do you love the chandelier? Is that staying? Because I think the chandelier leans toward more traditional art. What is your style preference?
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 12:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I would do one big art piece or poster on one wall and put together a gallery wall on the other. Art is SO subjective it's hard to recommend one piece over another. I recently put a gallery wall together (based on ideas I got on houzz and small pieces of art I had all around the house) and found that I like photos and prints of nature (birds, trees, landscapes, etc.). First figure out what makes you happy art-wise, and go from there.
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 12:27PM
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
Help! Need help with Family Room decor, lighting and wall color.
This is our family/tv/gaming room, need help with wall...
Need help arranging wall decor on my small powder room wall
I have had these floral art pieces (they are made of...
Need help with wall color and wall decor
Please if anyone can help me figure out a modern and...
need help with wall decor for my entry way big wall
hi, i really need help with the wall decor for our...
More Discussions
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Foyer Landmarked House in CT
We have a very traditional home in a very traditional...
Help me with my Den please
Room is 18 by 13. I'm thinking of having the fireplace...
MBR- Not sure how to pull together
Colors: I'd like to keep the MBR light & bright. My...
Need suggestions on furniture placement
We are in the market to purchase new furniture for...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.