Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
TV and Fireplacement delima
pondfrog
January 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My fireplace is in the middle of the only wall in my livingroom and the tv is in the corner - awkward looking, I have found a tv unit to go against the wall next to the fireplace - I can tilt the tv, should I also place the same unit on the other side of the fireplace to balance it out with possibly shelves over the unit that does not hold the tv? This will all be in white as the fireplace is white? Need help
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Yes, go fo the built-in look - you'll like the balance it brings to your room. I'd do some trim installation above the FP to make it all look like it is built into your room, not just set in place. You have enough room above the FP and in the room to put TV above as in #2 below if you like it. Your furniture is set back enough and they can install TV on a slight tilt so you don't have to get neck cramps watching.
Nancy
Project in Tiburon
Lorraine Vale
January 3, 2013 at 11:36am   
Jennifer Wilton
My first thought is that would be a lot of furniture in a small space- might be kind of overwhelming. Can you hang a tv over the fireplace? Or put the tv where the small red chair and side table/lamp are now?
January 3, 2013 at 11:36am   
Jennifer Wilton
Just saw the other poster's answer- came in right before mine. I like the built-in options, but freestanding furniture is different, and will not have the same feel. Just MHO.
January 3, 2013 at 11:38am   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.