powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Houzzers - Say Hello and Introduce Yourself!
Emily Hurley
January 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hello Houzzers,

Here is a place where you can introduce yourself to the rest of the community on Houzz!

Let us know who you are, what brought you to Houzz and how home design fits into your world. If you like, you can include a favorite Houzz photo with your post by copying and pasting the url for the photo's Houzz page into your comment.

We'd love to hear from you!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
A couple of my clients sent me links from this site. I was so impressed I joined. I really enjoy helping others and seeing the ideas from other pro's.
18 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 3, 2013 at 7:55PM
Nimira Ayub
Got to Houzz via Google... just moved into another house and was looking re-modelling ideas... now am addicted to HOUZZ...
9 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 1:39AM
PRO
Lily Ann Cabinets
i would like to say hello to all of you houzz guys you are amazing with awesome portfolio .. i really enjoy to be a part of houzz community
6 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 1:50AM
PRO
Shakúff
Been on Houzz for quite some time now showcasing our fused and blown glass lighting collections. This is such an incredible community for creative inspiration!

Kadur
Candles
Tanzania
Tulips
16 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 9:10AM
PRO
ATGStores.com
We are ATGStores.com and we are slowly attempting to build a Houzz presence by offering suggestions in areas where we have experience, and listening to conversations in areas where we could stand to learn more! We showcase around 4 million products in our family of online stores, but get the most enjoyment out of helping to find the one perfect item that brings it all together. To give you an idea of our commitment to variety, we've posted four product images and hope they entertain you!
6 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 10:39AM
Sue Ann Stevens
Found the houzz app for my iPhone since I am a decorating enthusiast. I am seriously addicted to Houzz and may need therapy. Lol. Introduced several friends to this awesome site.
20 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 11:02AM
PRO
OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
I am a general contractor serving the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas. I found Houzz through Google about a year ago. I enjoy sharing my work here, and hopefully giving other Houzzers inspiration and design ideas. In addition to that, I really enjoy seeing others design and remodeling work. Houzz has some amazing designers and remodeling professionals here. This site is truley appreciated!

6 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 11:27AM
PRO
A. Peltier Interiors
I am a designer with over a decade of design experience focusing on interior design for families as well as nurseries and children's rooms. I too love houzz for its amazing photos, ideas and online community!
9 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 12:04PM
PRO
Anita Roll Murals
I found houzz while searching design sites over a year ago. It's an incredible opportunity to discover so many ideas and be introduced to people from all over the world. I love how photos of our past projects are given new life as they are discovered on houzz. It's like opening up a great online magazine that never ends.
12 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 12:04PM
PRO
Toni Sabatino
I am Toni Sabatino, an interior designer in the New York metro area. I was thrilled to be a presenter for a HOUZZ webinar and tell everyone how my experience with HOUZZ has surpassed my wildest expectations. I have received at least 12 emails and phone calls that have led to work in 6 instances for both kitchen cabinetry design and consulting of all sorts. The ability to have one forum where you can show what you can do, get a real pulse on what is new in the design community and use that forum as an aid to help clients organize their thoughts has been truly invaluable on so many levels. The ideabook concept has saved myself and my clients so much time by being able to search and resource whole house concepts in what must be the largest library on the internet.
As a HOUZZ user, being able to see my work posted to ideabooks gives me a great sense of satisfaction. I enjoy participating in the HOUZZ design discussions. The discussions add to my exposure on not just HOUZZ but the entire internet. My clients are also thrilled to see their jobs posted to show their friends. Although in the future I plan to get some professional photos, I have taken most of photos myself and found it very user friendly to load them onto the site. Using HOUZZ has become an everyday part of my work and I can’t say how thrilled I am to be part of this phenomenon.
12 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 1:00PM
PRO
House of Holland - TX
Just found Houzz this week on advice of a friend. I am so excited to find a platform where others can get to know you and your pulse on design instead of just hoping someone will hire you based on simple referrals. If I were hiring a designer, Houzz would make it so much easier for me to find someone who I thought would be compatible with me and my ideas. Houzz also simplifies presenting portfolios - I have found Facebook and Pinterest to be a little awkward for the design community to use as there is so much information to sift through. Thank you Houzz! Now I just have to break away from my new addiction! :)
11 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 1:13PM
PRO
One Specialty Landscape Design, Pools & Hardscape
Houzz has become an invaluable tool for clients of ours that have difficulty seeing a vision for their project. This is a great forum for us to gather ideas, share them with our clients, and make final design choices based on their wants and needs. Also, we found out that one of our projects was featured in a November editorial! That was a really exciting moment for us!
7 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 1:46PM
Huy Ho
Awesome app
Name is Huy and I work on home exteriors, ptimarily siding soffit fascia and eavestroughs. O have plenty of inside ideas for your home that you may not be obvious but important for function and style
4 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 2:31PM
PRO
Stefanie Zanow- Kitchens Plus
Such a great market for Home Improvement!! I looked at the website recently and decided to join as I just recently moved to San Diego from San Francisco and was looking for some marketing tools. This is a great website to showcase your work and to get to know people in your area in the industry.
5 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 2:35PM
orangecamera
As a homeowner, and about to move into a new (to me) home, I've found Houzz to be a fantastic resource. I have learned so much about choosing materials, and I'm sure saved myself from some expensive mistakes by reading the incredible amount of information here. I've gotten a good handle on what I think I want for my own home. Good advice abounds here!

I've also had quite a bit of fun trying to help other homeowners see the potential in their projects, and at times I've twisted my brain trying to come up with solutions. I've gotten to see how "real people" live in other parts of the US and around the world. The Houzz ideabook and app work so well together, and I always have my inspiration with me on the go. All in all, it's very pleasant being a Houzzer :)
14 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 4, 2013 at 2:50PM
PRO
Los Angeles Remodeling and Construction
Hello, my name is Joe. I am a licensed and very experienced home remodeling contractor for residents of the Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley for over 22 years. I found Houzz on Google. I think this site is a great way for homeowners and professionals to interact, share ideas and referrals!

3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 5, 2013 at 9:33AM
PRO
Renaissance Kitchen and Home
Houzz is an invaluable tool for all Homeowners, Contractors, Suppliers and Designers.
It is a great resource tool for photos, products, design and a fabulious source of support from professionals in the industry. My Kitchen and Home Design firm has been using the site for over a year now and I enjoy sharing my project photos and design knowledge with the views of the site.
As a designer I am truely excited when I am able to resolve some of the Design Delimenias and proud to share my projects with all of you.

Thanks Houzz for the oppurtunity to share my accomplishments will everyone.

Torry Manzo
8 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 4:04PM
PRO
RollingPlanter
Hi this is RollingPlanter.com / Kurt Preissler

I am a designer / architectural photographer that has gone back to my roots making various useful, non-harmful products that aid living. All my products are rollable that allow you to easily move them around your home, office or facility. Currently, I am making and marketing handsome commercial grade planters. The planter is made of bolted and screwed together sustainably grown or recycled western timber, cedar and my own naturally cured douglas fir. I then line each planter with a 3-ply welded non-PVC pond liner. The liner is one piece that is molded and fastened in place, drains are provided away to divert and conserve water (Boxes can be easily plugged to make into aquatic gardens). The planter basically allows your plants or trees to follow the sun; or warmth (For those who live in place that have winter).

I researched and came up with my design after buying many inferior planters made 100% out of cedar. I became tired of putting good money after shoddy craftsmanship. Love the people who state their boxes go together in 5 minutes, half hour, or an hour. Mine are delivered fully assembled. You paid good money for a good design and product why isn't finished. A product is not a model kit. A product is something that needs to be functional upon receipt. Perhaps its my German heritage that makes me think product should be made this way, but don't you?

See my products on Houzz at:
http://www.houzz.com/pro/rollingplanter

or my website:
http://www.rollingplanter.com
7 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 7:32PM
Manon Floreat
Hi, I'm Manon. I've got the soul of an aesthete who makes a living as an accountant. I came to Houzz because I love, love, love all things home design. My favorite things to do on Houzz are to peruse the design dilemmas and ideabooks. I enjoy reading all of the insights offered by fellow Houzzers as I learn so much. I also like creating furniture arrangements and design collages.

Here are a couple of my most recent ones. I had loads of fun putting them together!
13 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 7:55PM
designideas4me
You are making me have to look up more words manon.............. aesthete ( this site is good for my scrabble game).

Definition of AESTHETE

: one having or affecting sensitivity to the beautiful especially in art GOOD WORD. !!!
7 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 8:01PM
PRO
Eagledzines
My name is Linda. I am a retired cabinet and kitchen designer and cabinetmaker. I owned my own cabinet shop. I enjoyed working in the industry and with my clients unique needs. It's a pleasure to be able to continue learning from other professionals and sharing what I learned in my experience with others who are looking for input.
7 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 8:30PM
Grace Reed
My background is new construction of upscale tract and custom homes. I've done project management, sales, marketing and I've also sold real estate. Kitchens have been a common thread and I'm now designing them, which I love! And, Houzz is just amazing! I'm not sure how I discovered it but I'm glad I did. Everyone who works with me or knows me knows about Houzz!
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 8:34PM
calikym
I'm so thankful to the contributors on this site, professional and others, who share their knowledge, ideas and expertise to help perfect strangers. I am a semiconductor supply chain manager and mother of 3 sons (the girls in my photo are me and my sisters from my hometown of Laguna Beach, CA). I recently acquired some money and have been working to remodel my home and would be completely lost without all the ideas and help. THANK YOU for helping me and I promise to throw in my thoughts and ideas, too. I've attached a recent photo of me and my boys from Big Bear, CA during Christmas break.
6 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 8:40PM
PRO
Stone & Land, LLC
I found Houzz a couple of months ago and enjoy it for the most part. It has inspired me to work on my image portfolio this year. It’s very addicting to look at all the great projects and collect ideas. Hopefully my work will be inspiring to others. Commenting is sometimes dangerous if you express a strong opinion or try to display too much knowledge. You might get a cutting reply. I'm learning how to disengage and not get too involved if my opinion is not wanted. I think might upload a few before after pictures and sketches like these as example of my work.
11 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 8:45PM
PRO
NexTrend Design
Hi, I'm Ellie at NexTrend Design located in Metro Vancouver BC Canada.

I was told about Houzz from a colleague, so I immediately checked it out and got addicted. I've enjoyed all aspects of Houzz: finding design & color inspiration, creating IdeaBooks, publishing my work, getting involved in discussions & people's design dilemmas. I'm so excited about the potential with Houzz that I regularly tell people that "I MAY NEVER HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER DECORATING MAGAZINE AGAIN!" HOUZZ is 100% design eye candy with NO advertising... How great is that!

I specialize in Property Styling, Real Estate Staging, Color Trends Forecasting and Presentations. Recently I started offering original acrylic art completely customized, styled, color coordinated, and sized to each home or corporate interior space. I realized after a few years in the design business that it is often difficult to find the "perfect" pieces of art in the "perfect" size, style, and colors for each project. My long term plan was to become a painter in my retirement, but I just had to get going on it early so that I could provide design solutions NOW and live my dream NOW. It's become a wonderful enhancement to my business & provides solutions for the design community.
7 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 9:56PM
kathleen MK
I blame it on my sister-in-law.
She introduced me to HOUZZ which is like crack for this old art teacher who should in bed instead of feeding her design addiction. Much easier to post comments on others design dilemmas than work with my in-house architect hubby and DIY partner. We always have more good design Ideas than money to fund them.
My fantasy is to retire from the chaos of the current educational system and sell my pottery , handle made tiles, glasswork and other designs.
I see Houzz as an open door for creative people to share their talents. It's both professional growth and personal enjoyment for me.
12 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 11:03PM
PRO
Cheery Curtains
I came across Houzz about 4 months ago, and I'm thrilled to see that so many people are discussing interior decor. Moreover, I'm so glad that our photos are added by more Houzzers day by day.

Several days ago, I received an email from a Houzzers and she was considering purchasing some curtains from us! Love Houzz so much!
5 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 11:34PM
designideas4me
Hi my name is Debbie ( I feel like I am at an AA meeting but I dont even drink)
I live in Southern California and as you can tell I tend to joke around a lot. I own a house ( past 3 years) with my mother and son. I am the person responsible for decorating and repairs and remodeling etc. So its been a great learning experience (since buying the house ) trying to learn how everything works and having to do a lot of trouble shooting and find answers and learn from professionals in my area.Having gone in full speed ahead and ripped out what I didnt like ( the carpet and the ceiling fan and the chandelier and the linoleum and the tile and the mantel ( what do I like) I kind of got in over my head fast. I always wanted to decorate and design a house but living in San Diego with high housing prices that didnt become a reality until the market crash.I lived in an apartment ( which is how many in san diego live just to be there) until 3 years ago when we bought this house I kind of got in over my head fast. I always wanted to decorate and design a house ( love the Roche Bobois catalogue and Bo Concept ). I always spent lots of time looking at furniture and dreaming of having a house one day. In the past 3 years I have hired electricians and plumbers and carpenters and handi-man and so on and did a lot of projects in the house so far ( except the kitchen remodel and the floor). I watch and ask questions and buy tools and spend tons of time at home depot. I like to research products and compare prices and reviews and be sure I am getting the best value since I tend to buy high end products that I hope will last. I tend to have a few projects going at once and if I find someone qualified and willing to give me a good deal I move forward. Money is tight but I hate to compromise ( which is why my house is still incomplete). This site has helped me to talk to some great professionals in all aspects of the housing... remodeling... design..and landscape business not to mention artist and creative people who I envy for their talent and inspiration. I am trying to peruse my personal interest in art and learn from these people and their creativity ( eq. spoke to a faux painter who shared great ideas with me last week). Its just great to be able to get on here and discuss almost any aspect of the home improvement process with such smart and kind people who offer their time freely. I like helping others as well who have design dilemas and its nice to know we all hate our oak cabinets..lol . Many of us have the same issues and can help each other. Before this I really didnt have many people to discuss this with so this is just a great site for sharing ideas with other homeowners. I originally found Houzz when I was looking for ideas for how to decorate and design and what products to buy and at that point I mostly spent time creating my ideabook . until one day I saw this discussion section and the rest is history. Oh for work... I take care of my elderly mother and raise my 15 yr old son alone. I am on disability for my back so I have lots of time when I am sitting down and this is a great outlet. Much better use of time than being on a dating site. Oh I am going to post a few pics that show who I am and what I like. My dog Babybear who I take everywhere.. my pool that I live in for 6 months of of the year. My plants that I am obsessed with. And one of my paintings..just for fun.
7 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 11:34PM
PRO
Andrea Prasch
Hello! I am currently an interior design student at the Art Institute, born and raised In Los Angeles, CA. I am currently a hair stylist and stay at home mommy to my 13 month old daughter Harper. I feel I have mastered the art of balancing beautiful design around a family. People told me to get rubber corners for my wood coffee table and I said "No way!" and opted for a soft plush tufted ottoman! You can have a beautiful home with dogs and children. It just takes a little creativity :)
6 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 11:35PM
PRO
Andrea Prasch
BTW I deleted my Facebook and joined Houzz...this is more my "thing." :)
12 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 11:41PM
designideas4me
sorry here are the pics
5 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 8, 2013 at 11:41PM
PRO
Shades IN Place
My name is Roger Magalhaes and my business is Shades IN Place Inc. I provide "Custom Window Treatment Solutions" for homeowners and trade professionals for homes and commercial applications. I've came across Houzz when I was searching for ways to improve my SEO. Put up a profile and BAG! Got addicted, people started following me, got jobs out of it....In return, I've featured Houzz on my latest email newsletter. The link is below...THANKS Houzz...
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=io584scab&v=001ZWNbY6QNS4yy117l998C5HyIE3MJHfSxCaS29BgK6u_Y3WTXrzifLdKFP4aPeCHXNopcmFF-POS7POsL189md7Kkn4YmAH41lP7dnJeexKyJVBvIwyXXPxq9HocC94C2tc0B8VIkmP8%3D
8 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 9, 2013 at 2:31AM
PRO
JMittman Designs
I am Janet Mittman and I own JMittman Designs, a custom window treatment workroom. I discovered Houzz quite some time ago but in the rush of day to day, had forgotten about it. Recently a colleague had mentioned she joined and I renewed my involvement in Houzz. It is great to have another resource to share with professionals around the country--and world for that matter. Great perspective seeing how others have solved dilemmas and created beautiful spaces. Love seeing the passion other pro's have for the work they do.
6 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 9, 2013 at 5:15AM
PRO
Impeccable Design & Drapery LLC
Hello my name is Chrys Parrish and I have been designing custom window treatments and decorating homes for 7 years. I joined Houzz after moving away from my hometown into a new market where I am completely unknown. I was impressed with the professional profiles and inspiration you can receive from such a site. I just uploaded my first portfolio this week. I welcome you to take a look and give me your thoughts. Houzz has inspired me to schedule a photographer to take professional pictures of my work in the near future and post those projects when I do.
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 14, 2013 at 4:39PM
PRO
Impeccable Design & Drapery LLC
Hello my name is Chrys Parrish and I have been designing custom window treatments and decorating homes for 7 years. I joined Houzz after moving away from my hometown into a new market where I am completely unknown. I was impressed with the professional profiles and inspiration you can receive from such a site. I just uploaded my first portfolio this week. I welcome you to take a look and give me your thoughts. Houzz has inspired me to schedule a photographer to take professional pictures of my work in the near future and post those projects when I do.
4 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 14, 2013 at 4:40PM
Janet Hildebrand
Hi! Our married daughter, husband and 3 boys, 4 and 3 (twins) live with us. Most of the time it is quite fun, or maybe funny is the better word. But....our house went from presentable to a "fixer upper". We would like to sell, but are think it might be an impossible task. We also inherited their big Lab and small cat. We already had/ have a large cat. Help!! How do we get a house ready to sell? Animals and children aren't an option...they stay!
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 14, 2013 at 4:50PM
John Seiffert
I stumbled upon Houzz only a couple of weeks ago via Google images while searching for a kitchen floor pattern. I was surprised I hadn't done so earlier.
I gained experience working in historic architectural millwork shops and custom cabinetry woodshops before opening my own shop, Precision Woodworking, LLC in 1999, located in Wilmington, Delaware.

I have been very fortunate in my training while always working for bosses and clients who have discerning and affluent tastes. Over the years I have developed an eye for scale, balance, depth and interest, and of course patience regarding my craft.
I enjoy this site for the creative works others share, the variety of opinions and views of postings, and sharing with others my perspective which comes from a different angle and background.

Houzz is a wonderful idea. I learn something new every time I visit.
5 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 14, 2013 at 5:34PM
John Seiffert
Office cabinet in Cherry.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 14, 2013 at 5:38PM
PRO
MHS Interior Carpet Design
Hello Houzz!
I started seeing some links to Houzz on Twitter (@MHSICD)and figured it was just another random photo sharing site. After the 3rd or 4th mention from friends I decided to give it a look. I really enjoy the concept and the layout of Houzz and am happy to have landed here.
I am in Charlotte NC but my work takes me just about everywhere. I install and fabricate custom Rugs, Stair Runners and wall to wall installations. I have been at this level of installation for almost 25 years.
I am available for any type of consult you might need. I do my own measuring, estimating and installing. Nothing gets sub'd out.
Check out my profile, I hope to add more projects soon, I have a couple dozen or so on my FB page, check that out as well. FB search MHS Interior Carpet Design.
See you soon. Bob
7 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 14, 2013 at 6:02PM
PRO
Great work Bob.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 15, 2013 at 5:24AM
PRO
R J Hoppe Inc
Hello my name is Rolf Hoppe and I own and operate a 12,500 sq ft. wood working facility located in Newark New Jersey. My business was started in 1964 by two German immigrants and I joined the business after graduating from Pratt Institute with a degree in architecture. Our shop has all the equipment necessary to complete any woodworking project you may have both large and small. We also provide a full range of services from design, utilizing cad software, to manufacture, delivery and installation. We are fully insured and are a licensed home improvement contractor in the State of New Jersey.
Project: NYC Entertainment Center

We strive to be a one stop shop and as such offer solutions to design needs which are not strictly wood working in nature. We have sources to meet all of your stone, metal and glass needs and also work closely with audio, video, home theater electronic experts.
Project: The Keynote Executive Desk

Over the many years and never shying away from a challenge, we’ve amassed a wide range of completed projects some of which can be seen in our portfolio here on Houzz. Spanning commercial, to residential, to institutional and everywhere in between the one constant is you. We don’t make them for ourselves, we make them for you. Let us help you on your next project.
Thank You,
Rolf Hoppe
President R J Hoppe, Inc.

Project: Contemporary Leather Wrapped Hutch
Project: Doors and Gates
4 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 15, 2013 at 5:57AM
parisfr1
Hello Houzzers, my name is Melody. I am new to this electronic community and simply awe struck. I have never seen such magnificent displays of decorating talent in my life. I just got engaged on Dec 20th and we are about to combine two households. I have a challenge before me in incorporting my style with his into his house and need all the help I can get with the use of this websites brillant ideas. My condo is small but full of pieces that I treasure and mean something to me. He has a small two story, but not fully furnished. I/we are on tight budgets as he is preparing to transition his career. Thank you for such a wide selection of possibilities......just what I was looking for. Melody
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 15, 2013 at 6:09AM
PRO
Pine Street Carpenters & The Kitchen Studio
Hello All! We're a design/build remodeling firm serving the greater Philadelphia region and the Delaware and New Jersey shore points. We also have a kitchen and bath showroom in West Chester, PA - The Kitchen Studio at Pine Street.

We heard about Houzz about a year ago and were instantly hooked! Houzz has been a great asset to our clients as they work through design ideas and goals for their next remodeling project or renovation. Grateful to be part of this wonderful and supportive community!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 15, 2013 at 7:46AM
PRO
Lily Ann Cabinets
Just for your ideabooks guys... at Lily ann Cabinets
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 16, 2013 at 5:10AM
PRO
A New Hue - Paint and Color Consultant
My name is Veronica Bower and I am a certified and licensed color consultant. What I can do for you and your painting project(s) is offer free advice on what, where, how, and why you do or dont want to do when it comes to your painting present or future projects. I have also worked in the furniture industry in North Carolina where most of the furniture in the US is made and sold. I am in the Palm Beach County area of Florida and welcome any comments or questions you may have. You can find me at "A New Hue" color consulting. With 24 years of experience under my wing, I can start you in the right directions. Paint isnt just paint! I have created new rooms interior and exterior for all kinds of businesss and residential projects from celebrities to golf masters. I am also familiar with the "north" and "south" colors of where you live and can make your painting experience more pleasureable and something you can be proud of when it is done. I also have extensive experience with "bidding" a job, what is entailed in the contract terminology, what to ask and look for in a painter, and most of all "what to ask before you hire a painter or contractor". I also have lots of knowledge what to throw in with the colors as far as accessories, knowledge of venetian plasters, lacquers, deck and fence stains, faux finishes and the ones that are outdated, accent walls, trims, ceilings, two tones, glazes and metallics, furniture prep for redoing your furniture, DIY starters that have a vision but dont know how to start and how to do it, and many many more projects. I conduct seminars in color and everything listed above. I even do the kitchen sink and windows. I like to add humor to a project with a client and believe in using what you "have" and not what you need to change if finances are a factor.Childrens rooms are one of my specialities in designing and implementing the child themselves into assisting you with "their" room. Exterior combinations are just as important no matter where you live, and landscaping is also something I am very familiar with. Most of us only have 1 (one) home and when we come home at the end of the day I will make sure you are feeling "at home" when it comes to color and space. No matter if you live in a houseboat to mansion, color is the single most important factor in conjunction with sheen and type. All you have to do is ask! Lets make your life "made in the shade" right now! You can do it!
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 16, 2013 at 7:05AM
PRO
BUILDimator.com
We originally found Houzz from Facebook. We have a new construction cost estimating website. Please check us out and let us know what you think!
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 16, 2013 at 5:17PM
PRO
Olde World Walls & Ceilings, Inc
We found Houzz while researching plaster for a project in a home built in the 1920's. The homeowner was overwhelmed and asked if we could come up with some ideas for their home. That had to have been well over a year ago.

We've since used Houzz to communicate ideas with clients from California to New York. Before they would find pictures in magazines and scan them or they've even gone so far as to put their design ideas in the mail and send them to us. Today we ask almost everyone we speak with regarding the plaster look they want to go to Houzz.com and we work with them from there. It has been so very helpful for both us and our clients! It opens their minds to all sorts of design possibilities and they love the site!

We've only recently started posting on the site ourselves and have enjoyed trying to help folks with their plastering problems.

Our company is a group of generation plasterers that have been together for decades and truly enjoy what we do! We have been fortunate to travel to some pretty amazing places and work on some wonderful projects. We especially enjoy working on Historic projects and plaster mold work.

Thank you,Houzz for the great site and for this opportunity to introduce ourselves to the community.

Randy Clark
Olde World Walls & Ceilings
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 17, 2013 at 3:34PM
PRO
Travis Robert Renovations
Hello fellow Houzzers!!!

We are general contracting firm specializing in Luxury homes based out of Bergen County, NJ. We represent our clients in building their dream homes including everything from Additions/Alterations and Remodeling to new construction... We have a extremely passionate team and we take pride in providing the best possible experience for all of our clients.

Houzz has been a great site to share ideas and photos, interact in discussions, and to get inspired by all of the wonderful posts. We have found Houzz to be a great resource for some of our clients as well to reference different photos.

Travis Robert Renovations, LLC
Tenafly, NJ
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    January 17, 2013 at 4:00PM
Emily Hurley
Welcome to all newcomers! Let's hear from you too. :)
2 Likes   June 5, 2013 at 9:43AM
PRO
OnePlan
Hello everyone !!
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 5, 2013 at 12:25PM
PRO
RollingPlanter
Hi all-
Still here designing and building sustainable planters by hand! It is a beautiful day here, three blocks from the ocean, Ventura, CA -KP
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 5, 2013 at 12:29PM
PRO
MERIT HOMES
We are a Home Building Company building Spec and Custom Homes. I Started looking on Houzz for design ideas for some new Contemporary Houses we are starting soon. Enjoying getting ideas from others as well as sharing some of the homes we are building here in the Kirkland, Wa area
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 5, 2013 at 1:12PM
PRO
OnePlan
there's another one of there's too !! http://houzz.com/discussions/435306
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 5, 2013 at 1:38PM
PRO
Coastal Home Design Studio
Coastal Home Design Studio in North County San Diego is a Design-Build company. From concept to completion we do it all, furniture, fixtures, cabinets, tile, granite,flooring, construction, remodels. We love Houzz, the relationships, and the clients we get from this amazing site.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 5, 2013 at 1:52PM
pearlmelba
I looked on Houzz
To see what I could do!!!
Just some of the things that get asked
Should I paint my ceiling bright red,or lavender blue
The knobs on my kitchen cabinets don't match
What is this girl to do (or boy as I am not sexist )
Should I buy this chair
That lamp looks nice where oh where
Dilemmas.............
comments sometimes seem so unfair
I only asked what colour Curtains
You've Redesigned my whole house!!!!!
Don't move that I said.Move this !!!!
Oh heck I am so worn out
This dilemma lark keeps you fit
Post a picture!!!!Your nearly done
Is my room looking better. oh my god what have you done
To many people commenting do this no do that
This dilemma has gone on tooooooooo long
It's been a year since I last posted someone just left a comment
How is your room doing where have you gone you never posted a pic
Oh no this wallpaper makes me feel sick
Will DH like it .......
The designer told me to do it I said.I think his name was Fred !!!!!
(Or France's well I did say I am not sexist )
Room looks good.so it flipping should
To follow a dilemma through till the very end
SPOFFY that fireplace seemed just like a friend
You want to stick with him till the bitter end
To see his fate comments come thick and fast
People ask. .....Have you had your fix today
I shout YES I have been on Houzz nearly all day
So housework will have to wait I want to see SPOFFY'S fate
Should I be in therapy or locked away. Better ask my doctor to see what he has to say. They wanted to put me in a padded cell I said
I do hope it's not going to be the colour grey as I so love the colour Red

I sometimes pop up in the wrong dilemma
But red faced I am soon shown the right way
I type in wallpaper and up come 10,0000 more!!!!!
Who would have thought it
A little,No oh so big community.
How they fit inside my iPad
I will never know
Telling us what's best to do.well that's what i have been told designers do
Oh
No they nearly brought it.would have been that elephant
In their room.I told them not to do it
Would they listen
No they wouldn't listen.I am the joker in the pack
If I was being paid. I would have had the sack
I will never get on the top ten comments list

We should have done a poll on that
I got brave or scared and posted From this to that
Here I sat waiting to see the comments
No one really liked it

For us all to like the same that would never do
Think outside the designers box funky,fab,more to life then grey
Or drab
If your room makes you happy that's just what I say
My silly verse is near its end
Just one last thing I must do
Is thank you Houzz
And them that attend
So carry on doing what you do
Inspire help.call it what you will
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HI All...........

I have,and do enjoy my time on Houzz
I am by no way a designer. But it has always interested me greatly
Each time I sign into Houzz I wonder what creativity
And helpfulness I will see
It never disappoints
I am only disappointed when the battery power has gone on my iPad
Which means ....... I have had my Houzz fix
That's it for another day
14 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 5, 2013 at 3:19PM
PRO
Decorating Den Interiors - Deborah Bettcher
Not only is Houzz rich with inspiration and insights from other design professionals, I'm noticing how mor and more of my clients (of all ages) are sharing images from the site to give me an idea of what they have in mind for the space that they've called on me to design. Here are a few images of finished spaces for some of those clients...
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 6, 2013 at 8:10AM
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hey everyone! We're ATGStores.com and we've been active on Houzz for almost a year now. Our goal is inspire Houzzers by featuring products in our Ideabooks that we feel have a great amount of character. In this forum, we believe it's less about selling and more about telling - we monitor our Houzz account every day and our in-house design specialists welcome questions, comments and suggestions about anything and everything.

Simply put, we love Houzz. It's a great place to find and share ideas, and we're impressed with how everyone contributes to create a community centered around better home design. Thank you to all who follow us, and for those who don't - always feel free to stop in and say, "Hi!"

Best,
ATG Stores
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 6, 2013 at 8:21AM
PRO
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Hi Houzzers. I'm Charmean Neithart, I was introduced to Houzz a few years ago now by a tech savvy client while we were doing a project together. Eureka!, I thought when I perused the platform. This is what I need! I slowly added my portfolio as I finished projects and familiarized myself with all the tools available. The Houzz platform has become so integral to my everyday job, that I would be lost without it. Every project starts with Houzz. We ask clients to first create ideabooks so we can learn more about their style. We use Houzz pictures all throughout the design process to visually communicate ideas and details. I find the platform itself intuitive and very effective to reaching clients that I would not otherwise be able to. I have been contacted by prospective clients as far as New York, Saudi Arabia, and Texas. I love helping people with design dilemmas in the discussion section and reading comments of Houzzers and other professionals. I learn something every time I log on which is an embarrassing amount of times everyday. The thing that is addictive for me is the connection with other people that have a mutual interest, which is a refreshing break from all the focus on what seems to divide us. I'm a faithful Houzzer now and always. Thanks Houzz! Charmean Neithart

Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. 1
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. 2
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. 3
French Colonial Living Room
11 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 6, 2013 at 8:36AM
PRO
Steel Windows and Doors USA
Steel Windows & Doors USA is owned and operated by Bill Polinsky and Domenick Siano. Prior to starting this company, Bill and Domenick had owned and operated a residential construction company that focused on high-end building and remodeling, with special attention to detail, customer service and satisfaction. Their observation of the rising need and demand for high quality, steel windows and doors led them to startup Steel Windows & Doors USA, as a unique, very service oriented company in 1996. Both Bill and Domenick can frequently be seen visiting job sites and overseeing projects to ensure that things run smoothly and that the finished product exceeds the client's expectations. What make us unique is that we specialize mainly in steel windows and doors. Our backgrounds range from construction management to architecture. This combination of knowledge and hands on experience sets us apart, as we help facilitate projects by developing all of the details starting with the surround and waterproofing details, design, structural requirements and installation details.

We where introduced to Houzz not to long ago by a partner of ours and I must say this is an amazing Website! It is inspiring to see the work and time that people are putting into their homes and places of work!

Exceptional Work Houzz!

(Pictures for past jobs below)
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 6, 2013 at 9:19AM
inbali
To Emily Hurley . You have asked me if it is my kitchen in the photos and my anwer is : yes . It is minimal and hi-tec style , but I would like to move to the garage and change it to a whole different style as provance , tuscuny , country style like . My name is inbali and I sent you my "moka-modern" kitchen earlier today .
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 6, 2013 at 1:37PM
PRO
Hello to all you fellow Houzzers,
I have been an active participant on Houzz for over a year now and get more excited everyday looking at new photos and responding to new comments from the Houzz community! The best part of the site for me personally is sharing my projects and helping all of you with your "design dilemmas".
Product knowledge and design are my passion and I love educating my clients on how to best use their space and get the highest return for their dollars.With the recent changes in the economic climate we have strengthened our ability to provide you the best in "Budget Friendly High Impact Designs".
Renaissance Kitchen and Home is a complete Kitchen and Home Design firm and Showroom located just outside Philadelphia in East Norriton, Pa. and offers a complete and seamless approach to Kitchen and Bath Remodeling and Home Improvements.

Thanks Houzz for giving me a way to share my passion and give back to the community.

Here are a few of my favorites I'd like to share with all of you.

Torry Manzo
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 6, 2013 at 3:09PM
PRO
Ashland Lumber Kitchens
We was looking on line and ran into houzz, Very glad I did the photos give my customers and myself ideas which is great!!
We are a Lumber/Hardware/Kitchen and bath Store up here in New Hampshire, we service Contractors and retail.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 7, 2013 at 7:29AM
inbali
I don't know if you meant that you saw my kitchen or others , but I was happy to read your comment . inbali
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 7, 2013 at 8:25AM
PRO
Ashland Lumber Kitchens
pretty much all the pictures of kitchens and bath rooms alot of them help my customers and myself putting a design together, I'm glad I found houzz.
also I like the area for my customers to do a review, this is very helpful
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 7, 2013 at 8:36AM
ilovemickey
Got the app and loved it ever since!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 10, 2013 at 1:45PM
Youstina Misheal
via Google :) and i found it soooooooo fantastic , thank u all
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 10, 2013 at 3:06PM
sweetinterior
I am Candy, a college student. I am a visual artist( a sample of my art on the left). I somehow came to love interior designing, it is so facinating to me. I love how artistic creative people come together giving critiques and learning from each other.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 10, 2013 at 3:45PM
judet6
I'm Judy, I've been on about 6 months now. Still working on my living/dining room project, but finding lots of new ideas and what does and doesn't work, so I think when I gets done, it will be better than if I did it 6 months ago. Everyone is so helpful here! I had some horrific designer experience, so nice to talk to people who want to help!
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 10, 2013 at 4:19PM
Nancy Travisinteriors
Hi Nancy Travis. At travisinteriors, I live in So Calif. Been in design for over 15 years. It's a passion not a job. I love to take rooms and totally change them. I like a off beat vibe to a room. Not cookie cutter. Accessories are the things I love the most. It's the accessories that change a boring room into a WOW room. I love to see my clients faces, when I reveal, a room for the first time. I'll love that look forever. I work on referrals only. And stay very busy.
7 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    June 10, 2013 at 4:40PM
katalinka
Hello, I've been coming to Houzz for a few months now. I am doing home renovations in order to sell my house and am downsizing to an apartment. Every time I did a search on a topic, the best info came from this site, so I finally signed up and haven't looked back. I've recommended it to others, who love it too. We're in Canada, so not everything is available here, but many things are. Great site and I'm learning a lot from all of you!
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    August 8, 2013 at 11:57AM
PRO
Lamp & Shade Works
Hello Everyone. Lamp & Shade Works is a full service lighting showroom as well as manufacturer of custom pendants and lampshades. We are here for all and any of your lighting needs. If you have any questions about lighting we are the go to experts. Please feel free to contact us with any questions! Our website to view products is www.mylampshadeworks.com
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    August 8, 2013 at 1:35PM
Emily Hurley
Bumping this up for any newcomers. Come say hello!
1 Like   March 18, 2014 at 11:49AM
marjariitta
I found Houzz when Googling for ideas for my kitchen remodeling and I've been addicted since. My favorites are the Design Dilemmas!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 18, 2014 at 12:01PM
14thstreet
I'm Stephanie. I grew up in a lumber yard (kind of). I've been fortunate to be able to work with my family in the home construction and improvement business previously, and now as an occasional design consultant. I am a banker by day. I love Houzz as a resource, I only wish I had known about it before we built our home a few years back.
0 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 18, 2014 at 12:03PM
PRO
Circle Goods Reclaimed
Jesse Sommers from Circle Goods, we have been on Houzz for a little while but I am a big fan of it. I use it at every job for a reference and it's a great way to showcase your work as well as find new innovative ideas for designs. I swear by it and would recommend it to anyone. We did custom kitchens for a long time in Kansas City under Sommers Millwork but now we do a little more creative stuff out here in Colorado:)
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 18, 2014 at 12:40PM
rosecottagehome
I joined Houzz two years ago. When I retired, hubby and i sold our city family home and put the money into doing a big makeover of our old cottage, which is now our cottage/home. The numerous inspirational photos, ideas and suggestions I collected from Houzz went into 6 months of planning every element of the design and bounced off our amazing contractor and kitchen cabinet maker that we hired to do the work. I learned SO MUCH from this site. Printed Houzz inspirational photos helped to give the vision of what we were seeking to our builder. A few pros and fellow Houzzers offered invaluable suggestions to me on my Size of Kitchen Lighting and Should I do Shutters Dilemma threads. I have attached the 2 most significant comparison photos to 2 inspirational photos from Houzz to illustrate that dreams and inspirations can be put into reality thanks to this most amazing Houzz community and web site. Thank you Houzz!
Designer Cottage
MacGibbon Kitchen 3
8 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 18, 2014 at 1:16PM
PRO
Olde World Walls & Ceilings, Inc
Great that you attached the pictures, job well done.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 18, 2014 at 1:23PM
PRO
MS Colours Inc
My name is Charles Stevens . We use Houzz to communicate our ideas to our clients and to offer our services to clients and the design community.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 18, 2014 at 2:05PM
Matt Christensen
My name is Matt. I am just a DIY guy that is in the glass fabrication business. I love Houzz. Gives me great ideas and inspiration on what can be done. Seeing professionals and people like me in one place is really cool. I am tired of seeing "help me with my furniture layout" dilemma though.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 18, 2014 at 2:17PM
PRO
Atlantic Patio Furniture
People helping each other find solutions is what Houzz means to us. We offer comments to posts that are relevant to the outdoor patio furniture category. Some of our unique adirondack chairs. Thanks for offering something of real value to the world!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 19, 2014 at 1:58PM
edithsmom
My Houzz name is edithsmom, after our sweet rescue mutt, and I found the site through Pinterest and am addicted to Houzz now. Really. Love the dilemmas for many styles and from other countries. We all want our homes to look good and be more comfortable. I do wish the pros would explain WHY they make a suggestion, as I want to raise my hand and ask questions about certain suggestions.
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 19, 2014 at 2:07PM
PRO
citrusquilts
I'm an artist and a scientist (I like to work both sides of my brain!). I came to Houzz to get inspiration for home décor and for quilt making. I have a shop on etsy.com, called citrus quilts. Below are some quilts I have made for my shop.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 19, 2014 at 2:17PM
PRO
citrusquilts
Pics did not up load, take 2!
0 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 19, 2014 at 2:19PM
Harmony Interior Design
You will find everything you're looking for in a portfolio houzz Enjoy a search on this site that gives ideas for different distances
I Foundation decorations we design and implementation of interior finishes also offers furniture industry
I joined houzz richest practical experience
A beautiful time with houzz
Thank you all.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 19, 2014 at 2:27PM
PRO
Lowe's of Orland Park, IL
I have been on HOUZZ for years personally. At Lowe's part of our PSI program is a HOUZZ profile & presence. It's essential to keeping customers & clients up to date with their Interior Remodeling Projects.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 19, 2014 at 5:26PM
AJoi B
Hi. I'd like to see more Brooklyn, New York companies. Right now, my backyard needs finishing...pavers and stone.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 20, 2014 at 4:47PM
PRO
Island Construction Services, LLC
WoooHooo! Houzz it everybody? So this is social media. Fantastic forum I must say.
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 20, 2014 at 5:37PM
thiamom
Hi. I'm Thia Bartlett, ASID. I've been an interior designer professionally since 1983. I have an antique/junk shop with a drapery/slipcover workroom in the back.
I bought a house last summer that is a major renovation. My contractor told me about Houzz. I'm so enjoying it! I'm amazed at the generous spirit you all have.
Also, I'm a recent empty nester...so, I'm enjoying the ideas, thoughts, feedback, pictures and especially the humor!
Thank you
4 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 20, 2014 at 5:56PM
rredpenn
*Oh gosh! This is so nervous!!! I'm just a nobody here... Oh geez. OK... so... right! I'll start now, ok? OK, hi everyone! My penn name is Rred! So...people might think I have red hair, but I'm really a blonde? Google just GAVE me that name one day! Haha! So, ummmm, let's see....I am a sophomore here at the School of Houzz? I just love going here! Ummm... I haven't decided on my major yet, but I might declare a dilemma next semester!? My interests are reading Houzz dilemmas-- I like to hang out on here! Yeah, umm, probably too much? Everyone here is soooo amazing!!! :) Ummm, I don't have a degree yet, but I am eager to learn everything Houzz can offer me!! It's so fun!!! I looove the pictures!! And, I guess that's all! Ummmm, OK, so, bye! :-)

*based on an actual speech class assignment--Topic: Introduce Yourself

For real, I began Houzzing over a year ago because we downsized into a new-to-us place, after the nest emptied out. We also have two other houses (lake/summer place and a guest cottage with it) that will need major work in the next few years. I lurk/read/vote in polls/banter with others, in the hopes that maybe I will learn what to do and not do as we fix and furnish these places. I'm your average homeowner with an interest in learning to make our surroundings a little bit nicer. I have fun here too, obviously!
5 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 29, 2014 at 4:04PM
cabingirl13
My SIL turned me onto to here about 6 months ago. I have used Houzz to mainly research new kitchen countertops/cabinets and get design ideas for a new home office. I have a great time reading through all the "advice-design dilema" postings - so many strong opinions out there. Love this website and am totally addicted now! I live in the country in a partial earth home- we need to expand the house and it is getting tight. My hubby and I are both in the elevator business.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 29, 2014 at 4:17PM
PRO
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
We are two women Architects in Southern California, Christine Lampert and Carolyn Dias.

Even though we have both designed and built big commercial projects during our careers, our favorite type of projects are homes.......We do lots of new and remodeled homes and love working with our Clients to give them their dream house. Of course there is always a budget and we are really good at working with the budget too.

Houzz is a great way to see what is going on in the world. We love to give advice on Houzz and lately we realize that people are asking questions from all around the planet.

I agree with those who have said it is an addiction...........It is a delightful addiction..........

We are getting Clients from Houzz too. It is a great marketing tool for us. Our Clients are finding us here as well as with the good old fashioned referral system which is still great.
4 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 29, 2014 at 4:36PM
mkritt
I am just an average stay-at-home mom to three rescue dogs and one cat. I found Houzz through Pinterest and can't make it through an entire day without several visits.

I have one very harried husband, who now has no friends, because I've introduced all of their wives to Houzz and now they're all either out shopping or remodeling something. I, however, feel like I now have lots of new friends :-)

I love the decorating dilemmas and now have a dining room I'm thrilled with thanks to all the help I received!
8 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 29, 2014 at 5:17PM
PRO
Solar-screen-shades.com
Really enjoy the Houzz community. Love seeing the projects and having an opportunity to introduce new products. Houzz has really helped us introduce the new shade called Vision Shades for window coverings.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 30, 2014 at 11:03AM
PRO
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 30, 2014 at 1:10PM
chookchook2
Hi I'm a homeowner from Australia who found Houzz through Google a long time before I actually signed up. Love Houzz.
5 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 31, 2014 at 12:26PM
anneowl
Hi I'm Anne, live in York, England. Stumbled upon Houzz around a year when I was looking for tips on selling my previous house. Finding all sorts of little ideas (big too!) from this site for my new home which I am currently renovating. Keep the ideas coming!!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 31, 2014 at 1:13PM
PRO
DC Interiors & Renovations
Love Houzz! It is great way to communicate ideas with our clients! Inspiration for this bathroom came from the client's idea book.
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 31, 2014 at 1:32PM
debsurreal
Hi, I'm Debeaux. I fell in love with decorating out of necessity. I moved 47 times due to professional transfers and promotions. I am an accountant with imminent plans to reach out and touch retirement. I find Houzz entertaining and educational. Thanks for the classy and comfy place to visit.
0 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    March 31, 2014 at 1:35PM
Harmony Interior Design
Houzz It is great way to communicate ideas
we Harmony foundation we are working Design and finishes, interior and exterior
0 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    April 1, 2014 at 7:50AM
PRO
Adrian J. Naquin Interior Design L.L.C.
Hi there I am Adrian
I enjoy being part of the Houzz community.
I am a professional registered commercial and residential interior designer with 30+ years of experience ( including residential projects in 6 states) I really enjoy remodeling projects and being located in New Orleans, there is an abundant supply ,so I remain a happy camper. My firm takes 100+ yr old homes and modernize them to 21 st century standards while preserving/ augmenting their architectural heritage ,as the backdrop for the owner's individual aesthetics preference. We provide all traditional services such as : space planning, kitchen remod., adding baths, lighting plans and specs. interior finish/ spec. coordination, but also provide energy efficient strategies to incorporate into the remodeling game plan. Check out a recently completed project ( new construction) in the French Quarter , with a quite relaxing courtyard but still only 1 1/2 blocks from Bourbon Street. What a study in contrast !
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    April 1, 2014 at 8:47AM
mefor
Hi, I love to help people find their style and affordable options to transform their spaces. I love how fun and funny some of the other regular houzzers are. Yes, I am addicted to the site, but I'm not ashamed ;D
8 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    April 1, 2014 at 9:05AM
Mitzi Levy
I can't find a photo I saw a few days ago. Help. It was a "u" shaped kitchen with a stainless farmhouse sink, white lower cabinets. Big window over the sink. An industrial stove. Black, possibly slate, countertops. And the most beautiful dark stained woodwork bridge over the side counter. I didn't save it, and am very frustrated that I can no longer find the photo. Have you seen this kitchen?
0 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    April 1, 2014 at 9:17AM
eightpondfarm
my name is Connie. when i was a child i wanted to be a veterinarian and practice in Africa. when i was a teenager i wanted to be an interior designer. I've pretty much fulfilled the animal part of my dream. i train disaster dogs for FEMA/Dept of Homeland Security and have deployed to most of the major federal disasters: WTC/Katrina etc.. and i own and manage a large animal farm. Majority of my time is spent caring for and training many species of animals. on my 'down-time' i like to recreate by viewing house porn. i LOVE looking at beautiful interior spaces. the more exotic the better! there's a lot of that here on HOUZZ! though i find trendy subdivision stuff boring….and there are tons upon tons of that!!! so i peruse the discussions on here always in hope of finding that special nugget, that beautiful photo that is aesthetically pleasing to my eye. i find more here than on most sites… Occasionally i chime-in on a discussion, but mostly i just lurk.
12 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    April 1, 2014 at 9:22AM
bbarick
Hello, my name is Barbara. Pictured are my 2 favorite guys...my husband and our Colombian PasoFino gelding Angelito Caido. Husband and I are recently retired from our jobs as methods engineers for a large govt agency serving the developmentally disabled. We were colleagues in the same department for 28 years....which never failed to confound people as to how we could be together 24/7 and not have killed each other yet LOL. We have a small farm where we grow most of our own fruits/vegetables and have a few animals to care for. Don't remember how I found Houzz, but its been so helpful since during our retirement we've decided to renovate and/or redecorate the house and property now that its 22 years old and in need of some upgrades. All that is almost completed now but of course I continue to spend way too much time looking at all the eye candy Houzz has to offer! Thank you to Houzz staff and all contributors/readers/lurkers, you are all wonderfully entertaining!
5 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    April 1, 2014 at 3:44PM
cindyguent
Hi!

I found out about Houzz from one of my customers who knew I was moving about two years ago, and I've been hooked since. Rarely does a day go by that I don't check in on my favorite dilemmas and often post ideas or random thoughts. As others mentioned, I mostly used it initially to create idea books, but got bolder over time and even posted my own dilemma...a wonderful but crazy, busy time. Great learning and sharing tool and so many friendly people!
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    April 7, 2014 at 7:45PM
jstluise
hello to all of you houzz guys. you are just awesome. i really enjoy to be a part of houzz community.
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    April 7, 2014 at 9:16PM
Susan Humphries Salop
New to Houzz and spending all my free time on the site....I am currently a reader/lurker and hope to graduate to contributor soon:)
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    April 7, 2014 at 9:39PM
Barbara Bennett
I was referred to this by a contractor remodeling a bathroom for us...this site has given me many ideas that I plan to use in the remodeling of my home. The diversity and search features onsite as well as the app are super user friendly and a wonderful resource.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 10:58AM
PRO
CR Home Design K&B (Construction Resources)
CR Home Design is the one-stop-shop for your kitchen and bath needs, from countertops, to closets, floor, & frameless shower glass!
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 11:00AM
PRO
Marc-Michaels Interior Design
Hi there,
We are a full-service interior design firm specializing in comprehensive interior detailing and space planning. Clients who want a highly differentiated product choose Marc-Michaels for artistic and beautiful interiors. With an active private residential practice, Marc-Michaels’ design teams have direct access to a wide range of high-end design trends and ideas. This thorough understanding of the luxury buyer’s needs and desires is critical to all in-house design disciplines and projects, and is what sets Marc-Michaels apart. Our full-service firm, headquartered in Winter Park, Florida, also provides luxury tower, model home merchandising and commercial design services.
http://www.houzz.com/pro/marcmichaelsid/marcmichaels-interior-design
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 11:01AM
PRO
DSC DesignWorks
DSC Design Works is located in Clackamas (Portland area) Oregon. While we are well known for our cabinets we do everything from construction to remodeling! We have so many great wood pieces. Plus, we have a pretty nice team as well!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 11:04AM
PRO
Great American Farm Tables
I found a article on farm tables and was hooked instantly on your site. Look at what we do. www.greatamericanfarmtables.com
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 11:07AM
childwoman
Hi. Got hooked to houzz - past 3 years have spent 365 days of the year being a part of your amazing world. You continue to surprise and inspire me every single day. I happened to be the art director for Livingetc in India some years back - have ever since been stacking my ideabook! Thank you for being there...
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 11:13AM
PRO
ASVInteriors
I am an interior designer/decorator working in the French Speaking part of Switzerland (and online all around the planet). I am British born and a Heinz 57 having lived in many different parts of the world. This has led me to observe and understand the various styles that are prevalent in differing regions.

I work mainly with regular homeowners on a limited budget but with big aspirations. I try to achieve as much of their dream as we can and love finding creative solutions. I suppose my aim to to keep good karma with a good build so clients have a pleasant memory of the process as well the end result.

My work ranges from providing a look through on architect plans and builds as a second pair of eyes and opinions to ensure the build does actually reflect the lifestyle of the customer; I also work on numerous renovations (up to my 25th bathroom in 6 years); and colour and styling consultations.

Been Houzzing for at least two years... it has been great to meet some wonderful people on this site and I am always inspired by innovative thinking, the kindness and generosity of people who give their time and expertise to help guide others through their design dilemmas.
7 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 11:17AM
Kathy Davis
Hi, I'm Kathy from Oregon. I absolutely love Houzz. I don't remember how I ended up here - probably searching on Google - and I've been here ever since. Dreaming of possibilities, sighing over all the beautiful pictures and learning from the discussions. From the tours, to the design dilemmas, to the search functions for product or Pro, Houzz is the most fabulous community ever. Thank you so much!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 11:43AM
PRO
Beasley & Henley Interior Design
We are a nationally recognized award winning Interior Design firm specializing in Interior Design, Interior Detailing, Furniture, for a range of luxury clients.Beasley Henley Interior Design believes that the interior design of your home can change your emotions, well-being and even your life. Established in 1993, we provide luxury interior design and furnishings services to Private Clients, Luxury Builders and high end Developers.
We serve the areas of Naples, Marco Island, Tampa, Sarasota, Winter Park, Palm Beach, Windermere. We are located in Florida and we work across the nation and internationally as well.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 12:28PM
Kay Brighton
New to houzz and absolutely in love with this website! Huge interior design fan. Feel free to add me and follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kaybrighton
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 1:25PM
susanb92
Hi! I stumbled upon Houzz about 18 months ago when my husband and I were preparing our house in Arizona for sale. I am so glad I spent the time on Houzz looking at photos of the rooms we needed to spend the most energy on. We received a good offer at the first showing, sold, and are back in Colorado where we belong! Now I'm a Houzz junkie! Thanks a bunch for the great ideas, beautiful photos, and sometimes hilarious comments!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 3:56PM
PRO
Mangrove Bay Design
I adore HOUZZ!! I have sent so many clients here and many new ones have found me. This is a wonderful tool and resource. All of you at HOUZZ making this happen, kudos to you. Fabulous job!!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 4:07PM
chaddican
Hi, I' Carrie and I'm definitely new to the site. 25 years ago I worked as a part time Interior Designer but I was more comfortable behind the desk running my mother's design company and furnitures store in the Virgin Islands. The clients I had were very happy with their outcomes but I have never had confidence in myself as a designer, always deferring to my mother's or my sister Sherrie's expertise. I did the design for the house we live in now that everyone loves but we are getting ready to totally renovate a home from the studs so there are areas I've never dealt with i.e. cabinets, countertops, etc. I am going to ask the experts on this site for their help sometimes because this home will be a BIG investment and each decision wrong could cost a lot of money; for instance putting in kitchen counter tops that don't look good with the hickory cabinets my husband wants throughout. So THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for any help you give me!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 4:20PM
PRO
TRUADDITIONS
I say hello from the "open to below"...
and you can say goodbye to the ceilings too high...lol

I'm NOT a poet, but it's what we do.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 4:25PM
rikerwoman
Just a woman who loves everything you have going on, on this website.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 6:11PM
pickyvicky
Hi everyone! I think I found Houzz through googling some decorating dilemma I had...can't remember what, but who cares? Love this site!

I'm a graphic designer who loves sifting thru home decorating and color ideas. For a long time I just relaxed and got a different kind of inspiration by looking at all the pretty pictures, but my addiction soon turned to taking part in the social side of Houzz, too.

What I like about this site is that not only are there professionals here, there are regular people like me, too. I think being able to search for professionals is also a big draw....just need more listed from my area.

When I get up the gumption, I will post one of my many dilemmas and let you guys go to town!

Love this site!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 6:35PM
djell
Hello: Just a "losing my mind" senior in the midst of downsizing (from a 5000 sq.ft., 6 BR home to a 2 BR 1700 sq.ft. independent senior living apt!) Hubby & I disagree on everything but will somehow survive. Someone a year ago, introduced me to HOUZZ. You are simply the most incredible site on the planet. Don't quite know how you are going to help me out (with decorating, arranging stuff in my small space, etc.) once we sell and relocate, or what I'm going to come to you directly seeking specific help with. But I am confident that once its over and I reach out YOU WILL BE THERE FOR US. Thanks - Ms. deejay.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 6:45PM
Anda Popescu
Thanks for your help houzz!!! I made a nice hallway in my house holiday.
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 6, 2014 at 11:49PM
Linda H
I, too, discovered Houzz about a year ago as I was in the early stages of my kitchen remodel project. I've spent almost every spare minute since on the site viewing photos, following discussions and occasionally reaching out for help. Now that the kitchen is almost done, I am so happy with the results and I really feel like Houzz helped me all along the way. I can't wait to start my next project!
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 7, 2014 at 12:03AM
PRO
Renovation Room
Renovation Room was established to offer an expanded and heightened level of style, elegance and great design to our Designer Clients. Our carefully selected collection features furniture, lighting, art and decorative accessories. Renovation Room is open to the Design Trade and gives concierge service to the designer, architect and builder.

We offer a CAD to our design clients to help achieve a full service assistance program to the designer. We will deliver fabrics as needed and tear sheets of all our items to the designer.

We are close to Aventura, and easily accessible from both Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Renovation Room has established an unsurpassed reputation for exclusive and high quality furniture and furnishing accessories for residential, commercial or hospitality purposes.
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 7, 2014 at 7:42AM
PRO
OMNIA Group Architects
Hello all. We love Houzz! We signed up in January of this year after using houzz ourselves. Yes, it can be addicting. All of our associates go on too.

We are The OMNIA Group Architects residing in Hatboro, PA, but delivering an exceptionally broad range of creative architectural solutions to residential and commercial clients in the greater Philadelphia region, New Jersey and in 10 states from Florida to Virginia to New York to Ohio.

We design with the client's needs in mind. Some creative puzzle pieces in our history and our future include, flex rooms. relaxation needs, the kitchen hub as mission control, health minded construction, sustainability, outdoor living, custom residential homes, rehabilitation and reuse, and commercial architectural design.

Have fun and be inspired!
http://www.theomniagroup.com https://www.facebook.com/OMNIAArchitects?ref=hl
Twitter @OMNIAArchitects
LinkedIN - The OMNIA Group Architects
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 7, 2014 at 10:31AM
PRO
Klise Manufacturing Company
Hello fellow Houzz members. Klise Manufacturing was drawn to Houzz by the recommendations of many architects and designers whom we work with.

As a custom manufacturer of decorative lineal wood and metalwork, it is imperative that my company pays attention to the new ideas and changes within the design community.

This site continues to help Klise Manufacturing keep up with design trends, lets us read about the interests and challenges of our colleagues and their customers and allows us to share images of our unique decorative custom work.

Clearly, we have also been able to reach many more design professionals and homeowners who are now using us as a resource for their residential and/or commercial/hospitality projects.
http://www.klisemfg.com/
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 7, 2014 at 11:07AM
PRO
THE FRENCH BARN - Lacanche Canada
Hello everyone!

We have been on Houzz for a little while now, but it's never too late for an introduction! Our company The French Barn is the exclusive Lacanche distributor in Canada. We work with private clients, designers and custom-home builders to bring you the best ranges France has to offer!

My partner Floriane and I are both from France, I was born just minutes away from the factory, so our choice to promote Lacanche and only Lacanche here in Canada was an easy one!

All of our Lacanche ranges are hand-made in a small factory in Burgundy. Possibilities for customization are endless, with sizes ranging from 28" to 87", 25 colors to choose from as well as the option to have your very own custom color made by our enamel factory, 5 different finishes and several all-gas or dual-fuel configurations available for each model.

You are probably thinking, "these are way out of my (or my client's) budget"... well, think again! We work directly with the Lacanche factory in France. This allows us to not only offer the best customer service possible, but also eliminate unnecessary mark-ups to offer our ranges at prices comparable to other high-end brands.

For more info, please check our website and design your very own Lacanche online! www.french-barn.com

And for the new Houzzers, I have to say I really enjoy Houzz and all the discussions and ideas floating around!

A bientot !

Patrick
3 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 7, 2014 at 4:37PM
duffyfive
Building a new home (few weeks away from completion/move in) in the Philly western suburbs. Been on Houzz gathering ideas and inspiration for over a year now. Our design aesthetic is rustic modern.
Architects: Studio Agoos Lovera
Builder: Diamond Development
Photo courtesy of MW Design Group (landscape)
5 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 7, 2014 at 5:47PM
PRO
Springhouse Shop & Studio
Hi there! I found Houzz via the NYT article that ran two years ago. What a great place to see pictures of anything home related, get ideas, and find contractors.

We are cabinetmakers and furniture craftsman serving the Mid Atlantic US and shipping our furniture nationwide. I find this site useful to network with Architects and Interior designers. The review forum is also beneficial.

One of our favorite pieces that we were involved with was this Walnut Murphy bed for a farmhouse addition in New Hope (collaboration with Danziger Interiors)

Thanks, Houzz!
1 Like   Thanked by Emily Hurley    May 8, 2014 at 7:04AM
lincolnlover
Let's see I love in North Carolina, no I am not a country girl. I lived in Florida half of my life and Colorado for about 2 years. I love houzz and houses, I love downton abbey and sour patch kids!!
1 Like   May 8, 2014 at 11:15AM
PRO
Timberbuilt, Inc.
We are a timber frame home designer/builder outside of Buffalo, NY. We build homes and commercial buildings throughout the United States and into Canada. Came to Houzz recently and enjoy the interest from home dreamers and owners around the world. www.timberbuilt.com
0 Likes   August 21, 2014 at 7:43AM
PRO
decorhut
Hello Everyone My name is Hani, and we deal in Premium Brazilian Cowhide Rugs

Our brazilian cowhide rugs are the most excellent quality, hand picked and hand selected making these rugs unmatchable. Our cowhide rugs are known to be uniform, soft with silky smooth fur. These rugs have no stains or smell. Lastly all our cowhides are professionally tanned by people with decades of experience and who know how to take care of these cowhides.

These cowhide are secondary production from beef and dairy industry. These cows are in no way raised to preserve cowhides are other leather products, not in Brazil. Some of these cowhides have natural imperfection, some times branding marks.

All our exotic cowhide rugs are Hypoallergenic quality , making these rugs ideal around kids. Perfect brazilian tanning makes these cowhide rugs shiny and silky with natural colour and amazing design for an awesome rustic look. It creates one of its country charm to your interior, weather it is your office, condo, apartment, room, bedroom or even a bar. We also make sure that you receive the exact cowhide rug that you order.

Any question regarding cowhide rugs, let me know i will be more then happy to help :D

Also if you are interested in purchasing or even any questions, you can text or call me at 416 822 2264

Email: decorhut051@gmail.com

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/DECORHUT
1 Like   September 8, 2014 at 10:12AM
whynottryit
Hello fellow Houzzers. I've been lurking around here for a couple of years I think. I can't remember how I initially found the site but I've enjoyed seeing everyone's viewpoints, styles and personalities. Sometimes the drama is a bit daunting but overall there seems to be genuine desires to help others achieve their goals in the best possible manner.

I love the combination of ideabooks, advice and products all in one easy to access spot. The variety of suggestions for any single design dilemma can be overwhelming to many posters but I think it is a wonderful way to force one to hone their design goals and winnow down or change completely the direction of the design.

I find that I have a 50/50 agree/disagree ratio with design suggestions but I love that Houzzers are eager to offer them and almost always I find a new way of looking at the solution.

I love color, patterns, eclectic style and fun accents. Homes are a personal space and I think they should reflect the person that lives there rather than some current design trend. However, I like that designers show us those trends so that we can pick and choose among our favorites.

To coin a phrase from The Beatles' White Album, happiness is a warm home.
2 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    September 8, 2014 at 10:38AM
PRO
decorhut
Houzz is an awesome place, i see people helping and advising each other with so much passion. Respect Houzz :D
0 Likes   Thanked by Emily Hurley    September 9, 2014 at 8:52AM
PRO
Bruno Sgrillo Arquitetura
Ola! Meu nome é Bruno Sgrillo e sou arquiteto no Brasil.
Conheci Houzz através da Apple Store pesquisando aplicativos sobre arquitetura e decoração. Gostei tanto que abri o meu site por aqui. Recomendo muito!
1 Like   November 12, 2014 at 2:27PM
Hélio Santos
Olá Bruno, desejo todo o sucesso, seu trabalho é impecável, profissional focado a satisfazer e realizar os desejos de seus clientes. Parabéns pelo site. Abraços!!
1 Like   November 26, 2014 at 5:05AM
jeffmarshall
Hello everyone, I have found my true passion, real estate. My hair salon is in a declining neighborhood that no matter who runs it will not be able to turn things around. I have the opportunity to move to a more stable area but will need to build from a vacant lot. I'm overwhelmed to say the least. The lot is 50' x 100'. My rough plans will be 35 x35 building with the salon on the first floor with 3 more floors of 2 bedroom apartments so it makes a sound business decision. My wife and kids are going to sell our house and move into one of the apartments so as to free up all available capital to put back into the business. If anyone has any experience and can help me avoid as many mistakes as possible I would truly appreciate it.
0 Likes   November 29, 2014 at 5:12PM
bluenan
Jeff, you will be better off to start a new dilemma with specific questions about your new venture, good luck!
1 Like   November 29, 2014 at 5:24PM
PRO
VizX Design Studios, LLC
I found Houzz around the first year it started. I was playing with my new iPad and found it as an iPad app a few years ago, it had about bunch of really nice pictures of homes and projects. Boom! I was hooked.
We are an outdoor living design & project management firm. We travel the United States designing unique outdoor living spaces, negative edge pools, built-in kitchens, etc. While 3D is our presentation tool. We design the build plans and manage the projects too.
www.vizxdesign.com
1 Like   November 29, 2014 at 10:25PM