Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Gray exterior, what colour interior?
champagne4lulu
January 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The outside of our house is currently a soft Gray with black roof. Tiles are white. Interior tiles are off white with black accents. Doors are a mix of white and black. I'm struggling with interior paint colours. In drawn to soft grays but would that be too much Gray? We do need to reprint the outside and I'm thinking of a darker Gray, but regardless, would that be too much Gray inside and out? Walls inside are currently stark white.

Help!!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
What pleases you and works with your furniture?
January 3, 2013 at 1:56PM   
champagne4lulu
Well that's just it - we are getting everything new. I am drawn to white, Gray, light blue and champagne coloured furniture. Interior paint I like soft grays with a blue base. I do like the exterior Gray we have now but it does need re painting. I'm just worried I'm doing too much Gray!! Is it too much to do Gray inside and out? I've been trying to find pics of other places but can only find interior or exterior - not both.

What do you think?
January 3, 2013 at 2:08PM   
caricampbell
I think that if you are drawn to grays then you should go with that. I don't think it will be too much but rather, it would bring cohesion. I am drawn to gray as well and it looks very refined and modern to me, and there are plenty of ways to bring in color with gray so you can still create different looks. In my house my office is light gray (walls) with orange and aubergine accents (decor), my dining room is light gray and dark gray with black, white and red accents, my living room has taupe/gray walls with white, teal and chocolate, and my kitchen is medium and dark gray. But there is a ton of color and that keeps it from being dull and monotonous. I say to choose the paint colors that please your eye because they will soothe you...then play with color through decor. Plus, anything is better than a stark white wall.
January 3, 2013 at 2:26PM     
champagne4lulu
Thanks for your input! :)
January 6, 2013 at 3:44AM   
PRO
Curtain Call Designs
I agree - go with the gray if you love it and it soothes. Put lots of greenery outside, within view of the windows, and your grey outside becomes a backdrop, not the focus. I painted a room red once and was horrified until I began to add accents. It became my favorite room.... Inside, accent with the blue and/or champagne that you love. Throw a few accents outside in blue and/or champagne and you tie both together. Just use different percentages of each color so it does not look "matchy"...
January 6, 2013 at 4:06AM     
champagne4lulu
Great suggestions, thank you! :)
January 6, 2013 at 4:24AM   
More Discussions
Is this door considered modern ?
Hi, I m looking for a modern door made of wood that...
Need help for a false ceiling desing for my living room 22 x 12
I have a 22 ft X 12 ft living room. I wish to divide...
the old world look?
where do i start? should i lower the chandelier? ...
Need help finalizing kitchen remodel and feedback of picked items!
I'm remodeling my kitchen and have ordered appliances...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.