powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with kitchen cabinets and art.
missb
January 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are getting ready to paint our great room. Do you think I need to paint my kitchen island a coordinating color? Our kitchen is very dark. The paint color is Benjamin Moore Papaya. And what sort of art or decor should I place in the triangle area above the window? Thank you! ( Sorry for the one blind...I was taking them down)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TanCalGal
You painted the kitchen cabinets & used BM's Papaya? Very interesting! The cabinets look stained. Great job.

The cabinets look so beautiful to me, I would only paint the part of the island that shows in the family room (see photo). M.J. Whelan Construction

Other ideas that might brighten kitchen: under cabinet lights, buy foam board and cut to fit the back of glass cabinets. Paint foam board the same as wall. Some day have windows cut for triangle (photo) Case Design/Remodeling, Inc.

A large semi-circular piece above the window would look nice. Plastic painted black to look like wrought iron? Wood? Painted folk art? Atherton Estate
January 4, 2013 at 7:42PM     
missb
Thank you for the input olldj22. I did noy paint the island Benjamin Moore papaya. The walls get painted in two weeks. I do have under the cabinet lights and maybe I will try the inside of the glass cabinets with the same. Thank you again!
January 5, 2013 at 5:03AM   
cywish
I don't think the island necessarily needs painted; I would try having the barstools reupholstered in a fabric that doesn't blend in with the island like the current one is. A pattern would be nice. As for art- I think a long narrow vintage sign would look great if you can find one (an old Groceries sign or something), or something over scale and round.
January 5, 2013 at 5:53AM     
feeny
I would not touch your beautiful cabinets, and I would keep the triangle above the sink undecorated. Sometimes less is more. If part of your island is painted papaya (is that the situation? I can't tell from the photo), I would repaint only the painted section a more neutral color that will blend with your great room, possibly off white or the color of your backsplash.
January 5, 2013 at 5:58AM   
creeser
What a gorgeous kitchen! I agree with feeny, and maybe paint to blend with the backsplash more. The only other thing, if I'm seeing it correctly, you have a fan over the kitchen? I would put in a gorgeous chandelier that hung much lower, about to the top of your window. This is really so beautiful.
January 5, 2013 at 6:10AM     
missb
Hi, everyone! cywish, feeny,creeser. Thank you for your comments. The cabinets are still this color. I haven't painted them. The wall color will be benjamin moore papaya. Asking if the isalnd would look better painted another color? I will try to change out the fabric on the stools. I did consider putting a different granite down on the island, but the estimate was worth a car for my son. lol. I will look for some diffent fabic. Thanks again!
Brenda
January 5, 2013 at 7:32AM   
More Discussions
Exterior paint color for siding and door
I don't know what colors to go with.. For the shutters,...
What do I do with my living room?
Just bought new couches and the rug is fairly new....
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Need help with my living room
I am trying to redecorate my living room and buy a...
Can't find lights I want for kitchen island in silver finish
I've search through hundreds of pages of lighting but...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.