Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bedding
carri620
January 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a four poster bed. My bed sits on a low profile box spring. Unfortunately my duvet is too short and even if it wasn't, the box spring would still show if the duvet was folded back. How can I hide the box spring without any fabric hanging out from the frame of the bed?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
parrotheadchic
Can you order a flat sheet in the same fabric? Use that to cover the boxspring in a neat tight cover for the edges.
January 3, 2013 at 6:16PM   
smldesigns
I have a similar issue with a sleigh bed. I really have to tug to get the duvet to cover the box spring and mattress. I make the bed with nice sheets and a coverlet for the blanket and then fold the duvet back to the bottom of the bed. Another option is to take the comforter out of the duvet and use a blanket or coverlet for the blanket. It will make the duvet a little longer.
January 3, 2013 at 6:21PM   
Christa Somerville_Chase
I think restoration hardware still sells box spring covers that match their sheet sets
January 4, 2013 at 12:56AM   
PRO
GORMAN-HAID LAND DEVELOPMENT CO.
perhaps a bed skirt for a bed smaller than your bed so it hangs shorter all the way around?
January 4, 2013 at 1:01AM   
charleee
Have you tried just covering the box spring with a fitted sheet? It works for Martha Stewart!
January 4, 2013 at 1:34AM     
creeser
I have the same issue with our sleigh bed. What I usually end up doing is buying a king comforter for our queen size mattress set. In your case, you could do as several others have mentioned and cover the boxspring or, if you're handy with the sewing machine, sew a ruffle or extra 3 inches of fabric on either side and bottom of your comforter in the black.
January 4, 2013 at 4:28AM   
carri620
Fantastic suggestions! I'm going to see if I can find a fitted sheet to match and also look for a coverlet for a layered look. Thank you!
January 4, 2013 at 8:45AM     
More Discussions
I need a rug!
There are many different directions I could go with...
Please help with curb appeal/paintcolors/windows/trim
Hi Everyone, I have a 30+ yr old house in South...
Curtain problems
Having problem choosing a curtain color... Don't want...
Shutters and/or window boxes??
Hi Houzzers! I'm feeling that the addition of some...
What can I do with this window?
This kind of windows are not a whole. How can I make...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.