Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What sized chevron?
anthip
January 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hello! We've finally found some dining chairs to go with our 1960s dining table. They look nothing like the attached except they do have a back fabric panel (in our case framed in a rectangle of wood). They also have a fabric panel on the front for your back to rest against (although it is divided into four rectangles on ours) and a fabric seat. They do not have arms and are rather small (to fit the small table). The seat is around 17" across. The frame is a very dark mahogany and very square and angular. My question is, do I use a medium sized chevron? I want the look in the photo below. Is this a 2" wide pattern?

Thanks and sorry I don't have a photo of the chair itself.
PS I also want it to be yellow.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
anthip
Oh. I forgot to say we also want to have a matching 4.5 foot bench made in a style like this one. To prevent chevron overload I was going to go with a vertical band of chevron down the centre of the bench and then two panels of beige/linen on either side. Does that sound good?

Thanks in advance!

[houzz=
]
January 3, 2013 at 7:04pm     
Natalie
Hi---the chevron pattern on this chair (each color) is approximately 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" wide. Hope that's helpful. Good Luck!
January 3, 2013 at 7:09pm   
anthip
Thanks Natalie - I am being a bit dense though. Do you mean the width of each stripe is 1 1/4"-1 1/2" wide? Rather than the chevron.... I know this is a lame discussion but I live in Manila and chevron fabric is unheard of so I may have to order online and get it shipped to me without seeing it in the flesh.
January 3, 2013 at 8:25pm   
orangecamera
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you want to know the scale of the chevron itself

There are 5 "V" shapes across the front. The seat may be about 20" across in the front. That would make each "V" about 4" (each diagonal about 2"). I don't know how chevrons are typically measured...by width of the stripe, or size of the "V".
January 4, 2013 at 1:31am   
anthip
Ooh. Thanks so much Orange. I really appreciate it. I did count them across but I didn't really know how wide faux Louis XVI (???) chairs are. Thanks so much.
January 4, 2013 at 2:05am   
Natalie
January 4, 2013 at 7:48am   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.