Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Purple/Blue art prints with beige walls
Alexei Rebrov Art
January 3, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Do you think purple abstract art prints work with beige walls in modern interior? or will blue work better? Blue is a complimentary for beige though...
Original art is here:
1) http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/purple/products/abstract-print-on-aluminum-3707?hz=289902
2) http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/blue/products/abstract-print-on-aluminum-3731?hz=289902
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Either is ok. It depends on the homeowner's personal preference.
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 7:32PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
Yes they are really cool. It depends on the owner though art is subjective. It also doesn't have to match the sofa or anything else for that matter.
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 7:34PM
PRO
Alexei Rebrov Art
@Cynthia I understand and it's true in general. This is theoretical question. How far does design "by numbers" need to go. I think blue works idea. with this interior but it has no wow, you know what I mean?
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 7:36PM
PRO
Alexei Rebrov Art
@Interiors Ideally, art doesn't need to match anything but owner taste but it's a conversation about what is art and what is decoration then. Maybe it depends on a budget(?)
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 7:39PM
Natalie
Beige is neutral so any color can work. White is the best background for art---but you probably already knew that. :)
1 Like   January 3, 2013 at 7:40PM
PRO
Alexei Rebrov Art
@Natalie Surprisingly white is not the best color. Most museums have very dark red, brown, green and navy for classical art. White is too bright. Unpainted concrete walls actually work better for abstract art (especially framed in white lacquer frames).
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 7:47PM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Personally speaking, this particular art does nothing for me. And I totally agree that coloured walls are fabulous with art...
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 7:49PM
PRO
Alexei Rebrov Art
Here is the same image on a concrete wall
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 8:03PM
Natalie
I agree, art does look fabulous with colored walls---but white, doesn't have to be bright could be muted with a cool or warm undertone, will make the colors more "true". Switch out the white matting on the pictures you posted to the dark red, brown, green, and navy or the concrete hue you mentioned and see for yourself. Many art galleries have some sort of white on the walls-not bright---but White! CheerS!
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 8:09PM
Natalie
Wonderful example Alexei! Your image went from vibrant/intense color (white matting) to more subdued/muted hues. So which is more "true" to the actual colors you used??? :)
0 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 8:14PM
PRO
Alexei Rebrov Art
:) I agree, this one doesn't look nice. White matting helped it pop. I need to admit it.
2 Likes   January 3, 2013 at 8:16PM
orangecamera
I agree the white matting looks best. If its being hung on a white wall, perhaps a wide white mat, and a thin colored frame will make a nice impact.
0 Likes   January 4, 2013 at 2:07AM
More Discussions
Under mount sink disaster- what would houzz do!?
Today I filled my 36" stainless steel sink with water...
Elizabeth Yannone
Choosing new kitchen counter tops! Help!
I really need some feedback on my kitchen. It has maple...
chonnie
Family Room
I need guidance on wall art, area rug, and throw pillows....
jschlemm
counter tops (kitchen)
What is the shinist sleekist counter tops out there....
kellyrunner
Island hood: glass or no glass
I am remodeling my kitchen and adding a raised counter...
Clyia Coaxum
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.