Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help my business entry stand out.
Kristin Griffin
January 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I posted a pic yesterday and asked for some help decorating the entry to my new business. The pic has a digitally imaged sign and door vinyl from when the construction crew was still there. So imagine it with a clear glass door and no trees. Still have the planters they were in but no trees. I had some good suggestions yesterday but I am still trying to find the WOW! This is my main entrance and it is located on the side of a building. Help me stand out!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Brittany Jackson
You need a pop of color somewhere, would you be able to redo the concrete floor in front of the door with some tiles? Maybe painting the planters the same bright pink as the polish on your sign would be an easier idea. A different door with a window might be brighter and more welcoming too.
January 4, 2013 at 5:37am     
Nancy Hehmann
If you could see inside, perhaps people would feel better about stepping inside. I like your sign but perhaps it should not cover the whole door and you could put glass beside the door.
January 4, 2013 at 5:41am     
hmschoolmom
I'm sure your sign was costly--it is clever and well done but it seems a little small for the space. It seems it needs some sort of "frame" so what about getting a large piece of something (painted same bright pink as nail polish in the artwork) that you can anchor the sign on top of. It should span the width of the door between the light fixtures in my estimation. You could do something creative on the sides with painted flourishes or place the tin sign at a whimsical angle perhaps? I think not would give you "huge sign" appeal without going to as much expense. I would also paint the planters in the same shade of pink. What about putting something unexpected in the planters like colorful tin work flowers or flowers made of cast-off china plates or some other crafty idea. I would add a large eye-catching outside entrance rug also.
January 4, 2013 at 6:10am   
hmschoolmom
Would a bright canopy with the sign attached work. I would do it at a very steep angle so the sign is easily read.
January 4, 2013 at 6:14am