Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
long and narrow patio
melinaalyson
January 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We have a long and narrow patio. I would like to create separate areas for dining, seating, bbqing. Any suggestions? We also are looking for an easy and cost friendly way to cover our trashcans and ac unit. Pre assembled or easy to put together is a must. Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
claudiann
Do you also use this space as a driveway for cars? Is the patio the area to the right of the garage doors or is this whole concrete area going to be used as the patio? If it is just the right area I would put hard scape where the planting area is to maximize every inch. Be careful that it drains away from the house. Then I would consider function. I would want the dining area closest to the kitchen and the BBQ should be far enough to not smoke out the dining or seating area. You could use potted plants as dividers and lattice screens. Again if I knew which space you are referring to it would help.
January 5, 2013 at 12:14PM     
melinaalyson
Thanks! We do not use the driveway for cars. The entire concrete will be used for the patio area. It is a long stretch of driveway that is closed off with a large gate from the street.
January 5, 2013 at 3:42PM   
claudiann
I might paint the garage door gray. Hang a pretty wreath or artwork on the white door. Stain the concrete area closest to the garage...it looks sort of semicircular. If you are really creative you could paint a faux rug and seal it.I would put a circular table with an umbrella in the middle of this area. My ac guy says to keep the area around it clear for proper air flow. I had some flowers planted around mine and he even said to get rid of those. I would put a huge pot of something pretty next to the small door going into the garage. If you could I would keep the cans and BBQ when not in use in the garage. Then I would put a couple of chairs in two places at angles facing the table with small tables between them for drinks. Between the chair groupings put pots of plants. It looks as if you have children. On the rest of the concrete paint a hopscotch, four square grid, and maybe lines for a little road around those. If you can't use the garage I would buy a screen from a garden store and put it around an area next to the house.
January 5, 2013 at 6:30PM   
More Discussions
What color to use for book shelves next to fireplace? White or wood co
I will paint my fireplace in white and put book shelving...
How to lighten up this kitchen?
We are looking to lighten up this kitchen by painting...
Looking Blare.. TV Wall
need help with my tv wall. my husband put up the 4...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Steam shower
I am at very early stage in deciding on remodeling...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.