Professionals
Users
help with wall colour
neag
January 4, 2013 in Design Dilemma
does this look too yellow or should i break it up
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
neag
would really appreciate help with wall colour does it seem like too much yellow theres 3 shades going on in the same family
January 4, 2013 at 6:38PM   
abbshel
Is the whole house yellow? If so, I would definitely break that up. I do like the pale shade in your family/living area but the other yellows look a little strong to me and its a lot to have so much yellow.
Your wood floors are lovely!
January 4, 2013 at 6:58PM   
janishill
I like the yellow in the kitchen particulary. Who makes it and what is the name of the color?

Is this one hall? Can you do a line drawing of the floor plan so we can get a better idea of hwo the rooms flow together?

One way to make the yellows look different in the various rooms is with drapery/curtains. Hang drapery panels high and wide in the family/dining room. (see illustration)

In the kitchen use a gray, white and yellow print Roman shade.

In the family room you might want to pull out the red in the picture behind the sofa by using red and yellow print drapes. Then add red throw pillows, and other accessories.
January 4, 2013 at 7:46PM     
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
Change some of the walls to mossy green and bring in a red accent wall. Just my opinon. Otherwise, it's darling! It's currently just the perfect jump off point.
January 4, 2013 at 7:48PM   
frankibean
A tile back splash in the kitchen would be pretty, maybe subway tile. Could you add some molding to break up some of the walls?
January 4, 2013 at 8:05PM   
calikym
I REALLY like the 3rd fabric above that janishill attached with the yellow and gray! It really opened my mind to the yellow. If you can somehow incorporate a pattern like that into the kitchen, it pulls the colors together for me and looks super hip.
January 4, 2013 at 8:19PM   
calikym
Also, I don't like the picture hanging on the wall. It doesn't match the look or feel of the room.
January 4, 2013 at 8:20PM   
neag
only the kitchen dinning living hall and porch are shades of yellow.it is open concept plan everything visible from living room.bedrooms bathrooms different.the yellow in the kitchen sink wall dijon by general paint.the accent wall with picture is mustard bloom by general paint.its a older colour i had to ask for.i agree the picture does nt go .it looked better with the red wall i had before.i changed it because i could nt get the rest working with the red.now sure how to do a line drawing to send of the floor plan.also need a sofa.wondering whether to get matching one or something different to break up browns.thank you so much for your input.also any ideas on which walls to do the red accent and mossey green?also is there a better wall colour that you would recomend?
January 5, 2013 at 6:08AM