Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for selection for my kitchen
Sam Patel
January 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Please help me decide what combination goes well wirh the countertops, cabinets, tiles and backsplash. so fari have chose countertop,cabinets and floor tiles. I am really confused about the right combination of backsplash. i have choosen Fiorito giallo granite countertop.should i do mosaic tiles? Or should i go lighter color on backspash? Please helppp. Thank you
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
michigammemom
Here's an attractive backsplash in a kitchen with identical granite. I like the travertine field tile mixed with the accent strip.
January 5, 2013 at 6:48AM     
PRO
Stoneshop
I also prefer the look of a stone backsplash with Giallo Fiorito granite than that of a glass mosaic tile. Travertine, tumbled marble, or Jerusalem stone or Biblical stone all look great with your granite selection.

Jerusalem stone and Biblical stone incorporate some of the orange tones that are in Giallo Fiorito and your floor tile, which would look great in your space: http://www.annsacks.com/onlinecatalog/program.jsp?cat=268804&coll=1629404&prg=304104

However, Jerusalem stone and Biblical stone are on the expensive side, and I don't know how much you are planning to spend on your backsplash. Consequently, searching for a travertine or tumbled marble in a similar color palette may be more cost effective.

[houzz=
]
January 5, 2013 at 7:38AM     
vjs12
what brand and color floor tile are you using?
January 5, 2013 at 7:54AM     
nancej
Wow! I can't believe you and I have such similar taste! I have been looking at cabinets, counters and tile to match the light blue walls in my kitchen, and have had a hard time finding pictures of kitchens with blue walls, unless the cabinets were white. I didn't want to go with white cabinets, and decided on birch or - more likely- cherry. I would have chosen the same combo possibilities you did, but would rule out the darker counter for my own kitchen because of the slightly darker overall effect. Even so, I'm not certain, since my appliances are all black. I can't wait to see what you choose!
January 5, 2013 at 8:24AM     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I agree with michigammemom the detail of the 2 are a nice statement.
January 5, 2013 at 8:27AM     
PRO
Toni Sabatino
I agree with michiganmemom, too. The field tiles in the backsplash she displayed have a nice relationship to the floor tile tones and the accent strips blend nicely with the counter and add interest. I think it would look great.
January 5, 2013 at 10:05AM     
PRO
A. Peltier Interiors
I would suggest something simple without a lot of pattern. Your granite has a lot of detail to it, so by keeping the backsplash simple they wont fight with each other. That still means you have a lot of options though. You can do a stone, a glazed ceramic, or even a glass rectangular tile. You can lay it in a subway pattern or even do a herringbone pattern. But again, keep the tile all in the same color, not multi-colored and then play around with its size or pattern. Your kitchen design is off to a great start though!
January 5, 2013 at 10:10AM     
Sam Patel
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
January 5, 2013 at 1:30PM   
Sam Patel
If i were to use the plain ceramic tile, don't you think it will differ from what i have choosen for my ceramic floor tile. I ruled out mosaic, you guys are right it will be too busy. I really appreciate all the suggestion that everyone gave. I will definately keep you guys upto date.
January 5, 2013 at 1:35PM     
Sam Patel
I also chose the same granite countertop and tiles for the master bedroom which will be on the same floor. What do you all think? Is that a good choice or should i choose from the other granite choices? Please help me decide. I really appreciate all the comments.thanks once again.
January 5, 2013 at 1:44PM   
Sam Patel
I am thinking about picking this choice for upstair bathroom.do you guys think i should try different options? I do have other granite, cabinets, and tiles options.Please help
January 5, 2013 at 1:47PM     
Sam Patel
Michigammemmom, i love it. I was looking at this same pic yesterday. You helped me make my final decision. Thank you michigammemmom. Do you think i will have use same tile for the floor or the one i chose will still go with this backsplash. Everyone ideas are really helping me.
January 5, 2013 at 2:06PM   
vjs12
Sam Patel, Please tell me the tile name and brand you have chosen above
for the floor in your kitchen. I like the colors and products you have picked.
January 6, 2013 at 4:33PM   
Sam Patel
Vis i do not know the name, but i will be going to office today so i will be taking more pics with name and will definately post it.
January 7, 2013 at 8:15AM