Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with wall colors for new house
mustang1952
January 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Moving into a model home which has dark grey carpeting. I have a "butter" color leather couch and loveseat. What color paint should I use for the walls and what color accent pillows for the couch and loveseat. This house is open concept so the color has to flow into my kitchen which has white cupboards.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
kobley
How about a pale grey for the walls and then pick an accent color you like or pull a color or two from any artwork that you will have in the room.
January 6, 2013 at 12:03PM   
mustang1952
Thanks - I was thinking the same, pale grey for the walls which will also be a nice contrast against my white kitchen cupboards. Now what do you think about leaving the pillows that already exist - they are a celery green and a butter color like my couch? Or, I was going to try and find some pillows with grey and a butter color mixed together? Or should I go for a bolder color? But not sure what color?
January 6, 2013 at 1:23PM   
mousemaker
it depends on how you will be using the room? is it a formal setting or more of a family tv room?
it looks more formal. i see you have a lot of pictures on display--perhaps a more unified place for those would be good--a framed collection? and then black shades on lamps might be a dramatic effect.
i like the white. i would leave it. it's clean and fresh. you can always bring in some color to see what it looks like but i t hink it's really nice and i would leave it alone :) i had a friend whose living room was just delightful (she is now deceased) but her carpet was plush white, her furniture white, some with dark trim, her shades and curtains creamy..it was wonderful. don't be afraid to leave it and enjoy it.
January 6, 2013 at 1:33PM   
abbshel
I like the idea of grey walls too. I think larger pillows in a softer, or textured fabric with grey, butter, and maybe some shade of blue would be great!
Maybe do some books, or a large tray with books and a candle, on your coffee table. Right now, what's on your coffee table is too tall and leggy.
January 6, 2013 at 1:35PM