Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Flooring ideas
bdaileda
January 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Looking for advice on flooring for entire downstairs and stairs. Upgrading kitchen to white cabinets and removing hanging cabinet, replacing with pendent lighting, and adding raised split raised counter.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
Ok, so I'm a fan of cork! I admit. I'm an addict. A cork floating floor can be used in all spaces except a bathroom. It is as "expensive" as a high end laminate or medium end engineered hardwood ($2.30 - $4.20/sqft at Icork Floor LLC) and can be installed with or without underlay. It will retain the warm feeling of the carpet without having to deal with the dirt that gets trapped in the carpet. It can be laid DIRECTLY OVER TOP of the tile. To "match" floor heights, a thin or thick cork underlay can be used in place of "subflooring" materials like plywood or self leveling concrete.

It is considered a "low-slip" surface that deadens sounds and echos. Is easy to install (the same cost as a "Laminate installation" ($1.50 - $2.50/sf throughout most of the USA/Canada). No glue, no nails, low dust. Can be done in a day (for a small space) or over 2-5 days depending on square footage/

You can choose between 40+ designs/colors/styles! Easy to maintain and even easier on your heating bills. You can choose between a "wood floor" look, a "stone floor" look, a "tiled" floor or even a "marble floor" look.
January 5, 2013 at 10:47AM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
Oh, right. A cork floating floor is an excellent choice on stairs! It glues strait down to the substrate! A 1ft x 3ft plank often fills the entire tread! It is a dead simple install for most contractors! All you need to do is choose your stair nosing (I always suggest going with an oak trim stained to compliment the cork...cork is a cousin to the oak and the grains often hold stains in the same way!).
January 5, 2013 at 10:50AM   
More Discussions
Need help finishing up!
So I have a lot of my main pieces pick and in place...
Does this mirror work?
Our powder room is finally complete! Yay! Only issue...
Can you pair white curtains with cream walls?
I'm attempting to design my mini-library/office. It...
Ideas for style of the house
We bought this 60s ranch-like that looks a bit mid...
House Rules to Live By...
Every house has it's own set of rules, what are yours?...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.