Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with wall colors in our bedroom
rositap
January 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
These pictures are one year old, but they still show what I am working with. TV and dressers are gone. But bed frame, end tables and tacky ceiling fan -are still there. Our bedroom gets a ton of natural light. It has French doors to the deck, skylights, etc. Picture shows skylights on the day they were being replaced. All the trim is now stained and finished. There are also two doors that lead to the master bath that the former owners brought from overseas. Also I would love to keep, if possible, the same painting above our bed. I would love any comments. Thank you very much !
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michigammemom
I would suggest bold bedding to coordinate with your contemporary wall art as well as a more modern bedside lamp. In addition consider adjusting your art so that it is centered over the headboard. The items pictured are from West Elm.
January 5, 2013 at 12:25PM     
judianna20
I love turquoise with natural wood. If you went with these items, I would paint the walls that off white color in the rug…maybe BM Swiss Coffee. I love the neutral with the natural, light stained headboard.
Living Room
Organic Ironwork Duvet Cover
Suzani Rug
January 5, 2013 at 12:46PM     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I concur with michigammemom and suggest you add a rug in the color of the bedding she showed you. Then, since you have so much light in the room, I'd paint the bed wall the same darkcolor as the bedding, centering the bed on the wall and the art above the bed on the wall. I would add two pinstripes of the red from the bedding to the bedwall, one about 2" outside each of the bedposts.

You have one giant chair and one small chair. Keep the one that fits better and add a red pillow to it.
Place the other one in a different room.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID

January 5, 2013 at 12:51PM     
jillstewart
Restoration Hardware Silver Sage - I've used it for 2 master bedrooms, love it, and it goes with everything in every light.
January 5, 2013 at 1:18PM     
rositap
Thank you for all your suggestions ! At the time pictures were taken, workers were still around and I had just received from S. America the bed spread my mom had hand-embroidered for me. So in a haste, I took these pictures to show her how it looked. Bronson, our Labrador is a frequent bed guest so it is hardly ever out.! I really appreciate all of your advice. R
January 5, 2013 at 7:08PM   
cyn222
Love the door, pull color from door and end up with a rich warm tone room. Candles a must!
January 5, 2013 at 10:14PM