Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with colour of my bedroom wall
vero2444
January 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need help with which colour I should choose for my wall, I'm looking to make my bedroom very chic! Maybe mirrored nightstand? Please help me with suggestion. I am doing a makeover.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Harrut
Hi
From what I can see your bedroom looks like a showroom already. I'd feel very proud to call that room mine!
I'm not sure what size your bedroom is, as that will alter the colour and neither can I see just how much expanse of wall you are looking to cover... any more photos?!
January 5, 2013 at 3:39pm   
steffoxy
Maybe a light gray wall.
January 5, 2013 at 3:44pm     
vero2444
This is not my bedroom but a pic of the conferter I ordered for my 10X12 bedroom I will renovate from top to bottom, new floors, wall colour, new lighting, etc...I need help, I want chic
January 5, 2013 at 3:57pm   
designbaron
We'll need pictures of your actual room in order to help you hun!
January 5, 2013 at 4:02pm     
Nancy Hehmann
Blue would go with the comforter. What type of floors are you interested in? Will you be replacing the furniture, draperies. Again pictures would be great. Also, you spell color with a u so you might want to give location so people can make suggestions of where you can find items.
January 5, 2013 at 4:10pm   
vero2444
It's not my actual bedroom, just a pic of my comforter I ordered, my floors will be hardwood.
January 5, 2013 at 4:23pm   
decoenthusiaste
Black and white leaves room for any color you love. Do you have any preferences?
January 5, 2013 at 4:27pm   
faith6
To keep it chic I would go with a lt grey wall. For interest you could do a darker shade of grey about the size of your bed or 12in wider than bed from ceiling to wall. I did this in my liv rm and hung a mirror and get lots of compliments. I like those mirrored night stands. Have fun and good luck!!
January 5, 2013 at 5:03pm     
anitajoyce
How about a nice grey or blue grey for the walls, The room does look very nice. Tan is another great color.
January 5, 2013 at 5:34pm     
Aja Mazin
and
January 5, 2013 at 6:23pm   
Aja Mazin
Some ideas for curtains:
January 5, 2013 at 6:40pm   
runnergir2
I redid my old bedroom and painted the wall where my headboard was Willow by BM then painted hte side walls smokey taupe by BM-it looked absolutely beautiful. I also used purple accents along with silver.
good luck
January 5, 2013 at 7:20pm   
cyn222
Emerald tones are in this year. That would create a rich looking room with your bedding.
January 5, 2013 at 10:12pm   
missicamps
Here are some textures and colors I added to my black and white bedroom, and the mirrored side tables, maybe it;ll give you a little inspiration.
January 5, 2013 at 10:50pm   
missicamps
A few more pics.
January 5, 2013 at 10:55pm   
PRO
Andrea Prasch
Love the bedding! I think this nightstand "Borgehese from Zgallerie" would look phenomenal with the bedding and look very chic. What color for the walls were you thinking?
January 5, 2013 at 11:24pm   
hbatesau
Aja, do you know of the source for the second nightstand, the mirrored chest style?
January 6, 2013 at 12:20am   
Aja Mazin
Do you mean the TOMMY BAHAMA ROYAL KAHALA STARLIGHT MIRRORED NIGHTSTAND Manufacturer: Lexington, Tommy Bahama Home - Royal Kahala Collection
MODEL# 537-624?

Watch ebay for the best price.

However, I consider the 2nd set [HOLLYWOOD REGENCY MIRRORED FURNITURE DRESSER BEDROOM CHEST DRAWERS NIGHTSTANDS] the best value and design for the money.
January 6, 2013 at 1:48am   
Aja Mazin
Another one from HOLLYWOOD REGENCY
This Mirrored Two Door One Drawer NIGHTSTAND is a bold and dramatic home addition.

The black edges and mirrored surfaces add a nice pop of glamour to any style decor.
January 6, 2013 at 1:55am   
January 6, 2013 at 2:11am   
Aja Mazin
And finish your Glam room with a Polar Bear Pelt | Bear Collection | Faux Fur Rug

Plush and luxurious with a pile high of 2", it is machine washable and a steal at $59.
http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Bear-Pelt-Collection-Faux/dp/B001TR7WEU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1357470513&sr=8-3&keywords=POLAR+BEAR+RUG
January 6, 2013 at 3:17am   
mmkelly77
Where did you order the comforter from? Really like it. I would paint the walls beige like in the photo or a shade of beige. I think neutral colors are timeless and tasteful.
January 6, 2013 at 3:24am   
vero2444
I ordered it from kinglinen.com and I didn't received it yet. Since the comforter is chocolate brown and beige I was thinking of painting the wall where the bed is in a brown tone and the other 3 walls beige. Not sure yet, the room is only 10x12 so not very big.
January 6, 2013 at 5:26am   
Aja Mazin
Brown?

I thought it was black.

nevermind.....
January 6, 2013 at 5:33am   
PRO
Tri R Construction
You're bed is beautiful! I would consider a grey tone or a aqua color for the walls, both would really compliment the brown tones in your bedding; also the scale of the night stand is a little small for the bed. Trust you're judgement as I can see you're on the right track.
January 6, 2013 at 5:42am