I am going to start to work on the front of my house this summer. Its just so large and gray - it needs some personality...There is some rot on the window that extends out on the left (see picture). The house has western red cedar siding that is in fairly good condition. However, it is difficult to get to the higher levels to touch up the stain. I want to replace the new elements with something other than cedar so there is less maintenance.
I need to do the changes in stages and here are some things I am thinking of...
1. Accent colors - I like the color but there is just too much of it. I don't want to repaint the whole house. I just need some other colors on the front
2. Shingles - ones that are not off set - on the front of the dormer and the extended window in some other color
3. Gable vents on the roof peaks - what kind of design and color?
4. Shingles on the top part of the garage
5. Ledgerstone on the bottom of the garage
6. New front door and garage door
7. New lights for garage
Thank you in advance for any suggestions or comments.