Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
conara
Sandy Sekeres
January 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
need idea's for this area not happy with it.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cohoek
Your painting has a colomn going through it. I would lose the painting so that the stove is your only focal point. Like the wooden bucket on the right but I would get rid of the left basket and put the fireplace tools there. maybe switch the two.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 2:38AM
pollyannagal
The painting should not be behind the flue - move it to somewhere you can actually see it and where it can't be damaged by the heat. The basket and log bucket look a bit squished as they are half on/half off the hearth tiles. Put the fire tools where the basket is, place the bucket on the floor beside it and get a different container for the paper, preferably one with a lid. If you want something on the wall behind the stove try a vertical arrangement of a few pictures on each side of the flue.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 4:40AM
janishill
Can you post a picture from further back? Seeing the overall area would be of help.

It is a safety hazard to have the basket and the bucket touching the stove btw.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 5:41AM
PRO
Total Window Treatments
Did u just install this recently? I agree w removing the picture. If u just installed it I would Consider add a extra row of tile to each side. It looks like u would have enough room to the right before you will hit your drapery. This will balance the space better. Your baskets really don't bother me, I realize they are there because u are using the fireplace. If u had more tile they would fit just fine.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 5:59AM
More Discussions
Need help for design my own Villa
Dear Sirs , I have 4000 meter empty 100 Meter * 40...
Yuck! Tile window sills in brick home - what to do?
Hi everyone. I have a brick home from 1963 with old...
New house --unsure about white or stained woodwork
We live in the Midwest. Love the look of white but...
How should I design this room?
This is my old room and I am having a difficulty choosing...
Need help with furniture placement
Having a crazy time trying to figure out how to arrange...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.