powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I think I'm missing something in living room can't figure what I need.
winenot
January 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I think I'm missing something in Living room can't figure what I need.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
123eddie
It looks like the function of this room in mainly entertainment. That looks like a screen on the wall facing the sofa. I would move into the direction of what the room serves mostly and then wrap in some thing else to add some warmth and personality to it. The fist thing I thought of was art. You have that left wall that is perfect for a large piece that reflects your home/life/family. Search the galleries, festivals or commission a piece from someone local that you like. They can work with you on colors to infuse into the piece. The next thing I would do is end tables, atleast one and take the glass table out and put in an ottoman that can double as a footrest/table top with a tray for snacks should you have guests. Hope this helps. Nice colors in there, very airy.
January 5, 2013 at 11:11pm      Thanked by winenot
Darzy
It's the wow factor (or no focal point) that is missing. What is the gray area? I say paint each "end" walls the orange of the carpet, and maybe a punch of orange on a sofa pillow. Also, lower any art that isn't eye level. Great place! That is a wow. :)
January 6, 2013 at 12:01am     
PRO
Andrea Prasch
The walls and floors are the same color. I would paint or redo the floors...painting may be the easier and cheaper option. Also the rug is way to small for the space.
January 6, 2013 at 12:05am     
emf29
Agreed about the rug. A much larger feature rug with something like a geometric pattern in some punchy colours would do the trick. The layout seems to be fine for its function. Go big!
January 6, 2013 at 12:18am     
Jordan Smith
I agree, paint the back wall that has the t.v. A pop-out color to make it a focal point that draws the eyes towards it..
January 6, 2013 at 1:35am     
PRO
Warner Decor
February 13, 2014 at 9:15am     
pbjammin
Would you consider some drapes on either side of the big gray shade on the wall? Hung high, hanging straight, maybe a cream with a gray chevron on them, big pattern?
March 10, 2014 at 8:28pm     
abbyjean
OLD post revived???? Warner?
March 10, 2014 at 8:30pm     
Dakota Kennedy
The artwork above the TV are competing for attention. Can the art be moved elsewhere? Also perhaps a floor lamp will give the space a softer feel rather than the overhead spot lights? A square timber side table next to the sofa would also add another layer of interest when you first look into the room. Place a vase of flowers on it too which you can change with whats in season for colour balance and variety.
March 10, 2014 at 8:52pm        Thanked by winenot