Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Backsplash ideas?
teb1966
January 6, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I just installed granite countertops (blue pearl) and need backsplash ideas. Cabinets are light oak in finish and appliances are black. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
themasonline
Did you happen to see a re-do craftsman on this site? It's on here somewhere. The Portland family suffered a house fire. When they remodeled the kitchen, they put in a glass subway tile. Very elegant and simple w/a hint of modernity. This is pretty. Congrats. Love the faucet.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 4:50AM
PRO
Golden Rule Creative Remodel
Can you describe a little about the size and shape of the splash? I was going to suggest enameled glass, but it can be tricky depending on the configuration. Blue pearl is such a strong element that I'd be tempted to steer towards something neutral on the splash, and make sure you have good undercabinet lighting to bring the color out.
Although we did have one client who went the opposite direction with Blue Pearl and added a brilliant blue glass tile backsplash.
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 4:59AM
teb1966
It will be an L-shaped backsplash. The long wall (about 13 feet) has the stove and there is a window above the sink. The short wall is about 5 feet long with no obstructions. Height from counter to cabinet is 18 inches.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 6:33AM
PRO
Golden Rule Creative Remodel
It also depends on your budget, and how many outlet and switch locations you have to work around. Here's an image of a lass splash we did not too long ago; it's actually an acid-etched satin bronze mirror, but it illustrates the glass idea fairly well. The more cutouts and jogs you have (like your window, for example), the less practical and more expensive the glass options become.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 6:47AM